Tell me about you, and i'll tell you about me :)

Great idea for a thread :) Good idea to start to get to know each other! Sorry to hear about the sad times that some of you have been through, but *fingers crossed* that this time it will all go perfectly!

My name's Janine, and I live in East Sussex. I have been with my partner for just over 2 years, and have been engaged since last Christmas. We have 2 little cats (Tilly and Beni - both girls, altho we did think Beni was a boy when we first got her!). They both are complete scaredy cats with people they don't know, but are so funny when its just me and my partner in! I am a support worker for the disabled, and a student in my final year of Psychology at Uni of Surrey in Guildford. (Niightmare with the travelling and the workload, but will be worth it by the end of the year! Although don't know how I'll cope when I'm massive!) My partner's a self-employed builder and decorator, so he'll come in handy when we decorate baby's room!
We unfortunately suffered a miscarriage at 9 weeks last year in May, and it was absolutely devastating. It definately brought me and my oh closer together tho, and I know that we can get through anything. Erm, so that brings us to now really! Im 10 weeks + 3 days, and have my scan on 30th December. We did have a scan when I was 9+4, due to confusing dates, and we saw our lil'un waving and his/her little heartbeat! Best feeling in the world!
Sorry for the bit of waffle! Lovely to meet you all - this forum is a fantastic idea for support and advice, am loving it!!!

Hey Jacy :hug: me and Liam really found a lot of support in each other through the loss too, i think its a really good sign if you can help each other through something like that :)

My hubby works with his hands too, does lots of carpentry and is training to be an engineer :) i like em to be good with their hands (know what i mean :p )

hugs to you you'll be due in July?

Jasper was born in July, it was HOT but lovely to be able to have lots of skin to skin time with him and not worry about cold or heating bills x

Hi everyone. I'll shortly be moving into Tri 2 but thought I'd say hi :)
I'm Kirsty and I just turned 27 today....I now feel old! Expecting our first baby in June. I have an amazing husband called Darren and we have been married for 18 months and together for 7 years.
We live in the Medway towns in Kent and have done all our lives. We have 4(!) cats, Bobbin, who only has one eye and is v.old, Button, Kinks( she has kinks in her tail where she broke it during birth!) and our kitten Lola :)
I work for Lloyds TSB and manage a team of 50. I love my job, but am soooo looking forward to starting maternity leave in May!
Am loving being pregnant and watching my belly grow, but can't wait to get that 'glow' as my skin and hair are horrible and I just don't feel attractive at the moment (although hubby will tell you different!)
Looking forward to seeing some of you ladies in Tri 2 soon!
x x x x

Hello ladies.... Great thread Fi!

I have been married to my husband for just over a year now, we have been together for four years. I am 24 and hubby is 28, both of us are accountants living in Surrey, when our little one comes a long I would like to start my own cake business as it is one of my passions and it will mean I can be at home rather than at work all the time. This is my first pregnancy so I feel pretty petrified, never know if I am doing enough and cannot wait for our first scan!! We have our first midwife appointment on 4th January so I am hanging for that!!

Thank you all for your support and it's lovely to learn more about you xx

Great thread Fi :D

i'm Donna, i'm 27, been with my OH Jamie for 11 years, engaged for 8 and hoping to get married in a couple of years time! We have a gorgeous daughter called Elise who is 4 and a little monster at the moment!

We have 2 cats...Simba, who we call fat ginge as he is maaaaaasive :D and Daisy whose nickname is midget cat as she is so tiny and a 2 year old choc labrador called Pooch!

My OH works in a factory and is currently being trained up as a team leader! I am currently a housewife although i have qualifications in graphic design and accountancy!

We live in the rather quite and non interesting town of Castleford lol and are very much looking forward to baby number 2 making an appearance next year! Worried loads this time after my mc back in August so hopefully all will be well at my scan tomorrow!!

Congrats to everyone and hope you all have a happy, healthy 9 months

And kirsty...HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR TODAY :) xx

Emily, i LOVE Devon, its our nearest decent beachy resort :) Will be attempting to head that way in a year or two with the camper :) might look you up ;)

Yeah! Great! U have a camper? What sort? Hubby loves campers!

This is a smashing idea for a thread! Love it!

XX

HIYA GIRLYS! i forgot to say im from essex, although its nothin like that horrible program towie.

there is defineatly a cat theme runnin thru this lol.. xxx

My name is Maria, obviously lol I am 34 years old and I live with my OH of 10 years and our gorgeous son Oscar.

We decided to wait to try for a baby until our 30s because we were having too much fun in our 20s partying and tbh I wouldn't change that for the world, but at the same time wish we had of had children sooner because I would love a whole brood, although 2 is probably more realistic to deal with! Esp with little money!!

We were very lucky, we were ntnp and I never thought I would be able to have a child, just a feeling, and then we fell pregnant with our son within a few weeks of ntnp. My pregnancy with Oscar was not very pleasant, and am hoping that this one will be alot better, although so far I am suffering more in the early stages that I did the first time round.

We didn't want any more children, until Oscar was born and then we thought another child would be wonderful to complete our family and also for oscar to have a sibling so he will not ever be alone in the future. Again we were ntnp and fell pregnant within weeks again. We have been very very fortunate and after this pregnancy one of us will be sterlised!

I BF Oscar from birth, which was not easy but we are still going. I'm not sure if I will BF for long as I'm not sure I can offer the same commitment, but I will give it a go and see how far we get. We still cosleep with our son and we will probalby do the same with the 2nd, there will probalby be 4 of us sharing the bed and our 2 dogs too lol

xxxxxx

Forgot to mention we have a cat too, his name is Dave and he was a stray who adopted us about 6/7 years ago :love: I've always had cats and never thought I would be a dog person too, but now we have 2 border collies and they are amazing.

Hi girlies, I'm Tanya, im 30 and I'm a beauty therapist. ( hence the user name lol) I have been a beauty therapist for 10 years and set up my own business 4 years ago.
I have been with my husband for just over 9 years and we have been married nearly 5 1/2 years. We have two black labs who we adore. They are my babies!!
I live in Norfolk about 30 mins away from Norwich and have done all my life!

I became all broody about 2 1/2 years ago much to my husbands shock as we had always been in agreement that we weren't really bothered about having kids. We started ttc in January and I never thought it was going to be so difficult to get pg!! Anyway fast forward to now and I got my bfp on fri 9th!

At the moment I'm petrified and can't wait for 12 weeks to get here, I feel like I've waited a long time to get here!
Looking forward to getting to know you all better and wishing you all the very best of luck in your pregnancies.
Xxx tan x

Hi tanya... I'm down in grim old lowestoft, not far from Norwich. LOVE it there. My dad and his family are in Norwich. Whereabouts in Norfolk are you?

This has been so great to read - it's nice to know more about all of you ladies!

I'm Karen, I'm 31 and I live in a lovely farmhouse in North Wales with my husband of 3 years. We've been together since we met at uni eleven years ago and it has been wonderful! I am a freelance illustrator and animator, working from home, and hubby works in research and development for the Beeb. We moved to Wales from Essex last year, which was kind of crazy, but we are enjoying having left the city life behind and are looking forward to bringing kids up in the countryside.

This is my first pregnancy - I came off the pill in August and caught on my second cycle, rather unexpectedly! It has taken a LONG time for me to come round to the idea of wanting children, and tbh I am still very very scared and often doubtful, but I am loving being pregnant :)

So nice to meet you all! xxx

Emily, i LOVE Devon, its our nearest decent beachy resort :) Will be attempting to head that way in a year or two with the camper :) might look you up ;)

Yeah! Great! U have a camper? What sort? Hubby loves campers!

This is a smashing idea for a thread! Love it!

XX

We have been renovating and converting a 1971 coach built bedford ambulance! It's awesome, it's in the garage at the moment and needs another coat of paint but it's nearly done!

Will post piccies when she's finished, it's been a 3 year project!

Hi, i'm Emma i'm 20 and i live in Rugby. I'm a Playworker so spend 30 hours of my week with children under 7!. Doesn't make me any less scared about having my own though! lol.

I'm 7w 3d with my first baby. My partner is a heating engineer, so is really busy at this time of year with the cold weather!, we've been together nearly 3 years

I'm sure your 17 month old keeps you very busy :) Are you hoping for a girl or boy?

:)
Emma

Last edited:
Hi I'm Naomi and Im 35, I live in south Wales with my fiance, 6 rabbits, 2 rats, a mouse and 3 chickens! We have been ttc for 18 months, and had a mc a year ago, we were just referred for ivf when I fell pregnant! Im so thrilled, and terrified at the same time. I've got my booking in appointment with the midwife tomorrow, and Im desperately hoping she will allow me to have an early scan to put my mind at rest a bit.

Me and fiance are both accountants, he's chartered & certified, and I'm studing my final exams - theres 14 exams in total, and I only have 3 left after the one I had on Monday (stressful!) Im hoping to be able to study around bubba, and finish only 6 months later than planned. We started our own practice 2 years ago, which is great but adds a lot of stress too, but it means I can set my own hours which is great!

I think I'm the oldest here so far! :blush:

Hey Jacy :hug: me and Liam really found a lot of support in each other through the loss too, i think its a really good sign if you can help each other through something like that :)

My hubby works with his hands too, does lots of carpentry and is training to be an engineer :) i like em to be good with their hands (know what i mean :p )

Jasper was born in July, it was HOT but lovely to be able to have lots of skin to skin time with him and not worry about cold or heating bills x

Definately, think it's one of those moments in a relationship which can make or break you. Think you become more attuned to what each of you are feeling - well, that's what happened with us!
lol! Completely agree with you about men who are good with their hands! ;)
I am due 7th July, which happens to be my parents' wedding anniversary. Really glad I'm due for then, because I think it's a lovely time to have a baby. And also from the child's point of view - I was a February baby, and was limited on birthday parties because of the weather, am definately looking forward to birthday picnics and beach trips! Definately better with not worrying about the cold as well tho!
When are you due - August?
*hugs* lovely to meet you!

all the girls who come from lowestoft!!... thats where i was born and bred. my mum and myself moved to essex but the rest of my family still live there... its great and i still consider it my home although thankfully i lost the accent... essex people tended to laugh at me lol xxxx

hope your all good and great meeting you all.....xx

Definately, think it's one of those moments in a relationship which can make or break you. Think you become more attuned to what each of you are feeling - well, that's what happened with us!
lol! Completely agree with you about men who are good with their hands! ;)
I am due 7th July, which happens to be my parents' wedding anniversary. Really glad I'm due for then, because I think it's a lovely time to have a baby. And also from the child's point of view - I was a February baby, and was limited on birthday parties because of the weather, am definately looking forward to birthday picnics and beach trips! Definately better with not worrying about the cold as well tho!
When are you due - August?
*hugs* lovely to meet you!

Omg I am a February baby and I was so glad jasper was in July because of the holidays and weather :)

This time round I am due in August yeah!

lol! O really? What date were you born? Straange :p
August is a lovely month too, right in the summer holidays! Good choice ;) lol I remember before I had my miscarriage, my baby would've have been due beginning of January, and between me and you, I did feel a little bit gutted with another winter birthday! And right after christmas as well! (My partner's birthday is in November) xx

I'm 15th feb, my little girl was due 19th jan... I do prefer the idea of having a young baby in summer, specially as we co-sleep and it's much easier In summer with a very small one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back