Tell me about you, and i'll tell you about me :)

Dragonfly Fi

Reaction score
I know a bunch of people from TTC, even the ones who are still lurking at the moment but on their way over here

but i would like to get to know everyone a bit better so i would love to hear abit about you

I am Fi, i am 27, i live with my gorgeous husband and lovely son Jasper who is a bouncing 17month old.

This is my third pregnancy, my second ended in a stillbirth unfortunately in September of this year, since then i have been trying for a baby and getting to know the wonderful supporting nature of the TTC forum but obviously am very happy to be over here :)

I found out about my wee baby girl through ultrasound, so i tend to ignore ultrasound threads because seeing one makes me a bit teary, i am really dreading having them with this baby... but i dont want to bring anyone down, just explain why i will probably divert around those particular threads which are (rightly so) joyful for most people

I live in sunny Wiltshire and enjoy life immensely

I have attachment parented Jasper, he is still breastfed, full time 'worn' (rather than put in a buggy) and uses reusable nappies 90% of the time, was baby led weaning and generally is a bit of a 'free range' kiddle :)

lovely to meet you all, please tell me as much (or as little) as you would like about yourselves :) look forward to getting to know you all better as i am sure we will as we progress through the tri's xx

Hi hun. Great idea for a thread!

I'm Sam. I'm also 27 and this is my first baby. I have been married to my amazing hubby for 5 years and we have been together for 8 years. I am originally from Sheffield but moved to Grimsby in Lincolnshire when I got married. It's not a very glamorous of exciting place to live but it's where my lovely house is and we both have decent jobs so can't complain!

My only baby so far is my cat called Cooper but to be honest he prefers the old lady next door. Ha ha.

So sorry about your loss Hun. Sounds utterly devastating. Hugs. Hope you can still manage to enjoy this pregnancy despite the worry and upset.

Loads of love x

OMG my cat Jeffery prefers the old lady next door too lol
your cat will change massively in your eyes when your baby is here, they seem quite a threat, until the baby is bigger than them and the roles reverse ;)

I know. I'm already worried he will sit on the baby or something! Will have to keep my eye on him!

hiya, im bex im 24 and this is my 3rd baby. ive been married for 3 years and with my lovely husband 7 and a half years. ive got a little boy who is 4 goin on 34 and a daughter who is 2.
pregnancy is one of them things that plays a huge part in your life for nearly 10 months but most other people cant stand listernin to baby talk for any amount of time so i find myself wanting to chat to normal women experiencing the same ups and downs as myself. im soo glad you started this thread thanks....

ps i also have a 7 month old puppy and a cat that loves me the most, sod the lady next door this cat is mine. he is so placid poor thing xxxx

Hiya Bex, you obviously dig the 2 year age gap... thats comforting ;)

Im Francesca, 24 married. Our first pregnancy ended in a mmc, no heartbeat at the 12 week scan and had an erpc. Our second pregnancy ended by a normal miscarriage at 6 weeks. This us hopefully third time lucky. We had an early scan at 6 weeks and saw a heartbeat. Can't say how much of a relief that was. However, the worry has settled back so got a private dating scan on the 20th as I want to know how things are before Christmas. My nhs scan is on the 29th. I know it may seem pointless finding out a week earlier but I really want to know in time for Christmas.

The hubby works full time in an IT compacity. I'm a housewife but do some voluntary work in a local school. :)

housewife is so much work on its own! fair play to you for doing voluntary stuff on top xx

best of luck for a sticky bean Frankie, seeing a heartbeat so early is a really, really good sign x

hiya francesca, love ur name.. sorry to hear about ur losses im sure this pregnancy will be fine and healthy. x hugs x yeah the 2 year age gap was great but this baby is due a month b4 my son is 5 and my girly will be almost 3. im thinkin my lad will be an amazing helper.. meg will probably try carrying the poor little thing around by its legs lol. ill have to keep a close eye on her and the baby lol xx

Hi Francesca. So sorry for your losses honey. I hope you too can enjoy your pregnancy this time round.

I found out about this pregnancy when I was admitted to hospital with abdominal pain. I have pcos and hadn't had a period for 6 months so a pregnancy was the last thing I expected! I feel really lucky to have managed it and can't wait for my 12 week scan a week today!

Nice thread!

I'm Jaclyn (you can call me Jay) I'm 25 and have been married for 6 months, been with hubby for 4 and a half years. We actually met in the hospital I'm going to give birth in :)

We have no pets, but we did have a cat up until October, but we had to give him away when we moved into this new apartment building. He was called Bubbles, and he was my baby and I miss him every day.

I'm a photographer, something I love doing, hubby is a labourer. Might just do the photography part time when the baby comes though.

I love music, don't think I could go a day without listening to a song, any song lol. But my all time favourite is Michael Jackson!

I think that's about it really... I'm not overly interesting lol. Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I'm Emma, I'm 27 years old and married my partner of over 10 years in August this year.

We live in South East London and have 3 gorgeous dogs who we spoil rotten!

I had endometriosis surgery 2 weeks before my wedding and was advised by my consultant to start ttc as soon as possible incase the endometriosis returns. We was very lucky and got BFP on 2nd cycle off the pill.

This is my first pregnancy and we are both very excited to start our own little family and are just hoping that everything goes well.

My first midwife appointment is 10 January and 12 week scan is on 20 January. Can't wait for both!

Wishing you all happy and healthy pregnancies.

xxx

Last edited:
I love your comment, he is worn J bet you are strong, I admire you i did intend on using reusable nappies but didn’t.
I am 26 married to my wonderful husband for a year and a half, we have a nine month old. I fed him till he was just over 8 months I gave up to try and conceive (as i hadn’t had a period yet) and then found out i was already pregnant!
Hope people don’t think we are crazy having two so close together. If any of you first time mums have any questions ask away as its still fresh in my mind J

I'm Louise, I'm 32 and I work in admin at the moment though in a couple of years I want to start a degree in Psychology - I've wanted to do it since I was 19, and I figure it's time I got it done!

I've been with Steve for almost 7 years. We currently live on the Wirral in the North West, although we hope to move to Cornwall at some point in the next few years. This is our first baby :) I only came off the pill in July, so we're really lucky that I've been caught so quickly! I'm so so excited - but slightly terrified too lol!

I'm Katie and I'm 27. I live in Hampshire with my OH of nearly 9 years, our 2 dogs and a cat. This is our first baby and we're very excited about adding to the family. Me and my OH own our own business so I'm very lucky I can work from home when I want (actually been working from bed some days) and I'll be able to work when I want when the baby's born.

I have my 12 week scan next Wednesday (21st) which I'm very nervous about but also very excited, especially as we'll be able to announce the good news at Christmas :) xxx

Hello, I'm Emily, 24 and pregnant with my first.

Been married to hubby for just over a year, but been together just over 6 years.

I live in Devon- born and bred!

I work in Animal Rescue, rehoming dogs and cats and I am also a dog training instructor teaching agility and obedience. I have two gorgeous dogs and a ridiculously handsome cat!

We were ttc for 6 months with no joy, used opks in the 7 month and bam...BFP!

I have done 6 hpts so far and got some left, so will no doubt do those too- i LOVE seeing that second line appear!

I think this forum is great and i cannot wait to get to know all you ladies better and hopefully build some good friendships as we all embark on this incredible journey together!

Wow, that was a wee bit gushy! Oh well, never mind... I blame my hormones! :)

XX

Jay - i am a photographer too :)

Katie, what lovely comments! Yes i am very strong lol, i only take the buggy to put shopping in, the rest of the time its me and my boy on my back :)

I find reusables nice and easy to be honest, we have a great washing machine and drier though, i dont think i would be able to live without them :)

Katie (taffy Rose) whereabouts in Hampshire are you? I am in Salisbury which borders on Hampshire :)

sorry thread jacking, congrats beautiful lady! soooo sooo pleased for you xxxx

what a lovely idea for a thread and its so nice to get to know other ladies all going through the same thing :)
I'm Lyndsay, I'm 25 and I live in the North of Scotland with my husband, who I have been married to for 18 months but have been with since I was 14 and he was 16 :)
I have a beautiful ragdoll cat called Nanook who is 6 months old and who this morning I found suspended halfway up the sitting room wall from a bit of tinsel draped around a picture....
I graduated from university with a degree in History last year and now work for a local council but would love to set up my own 'living history' business, dressing up in costume and teaching local kids and adults alike about the history of our area. My husband is a laboratory technician.
We only started trying for a baby last month so this has come as a wee bit of a surprise to us both!

Emily, i LOVE Devon, its our nearest decent beachy resort :) Will be attempting to head that way in a year or two with the camper :) might look you up ;)

Danphi thank you xx i am chuffed!

Ruby :) What a thoroughly interesting job! I was born in Scotland, in Forres, can't say i am upset to have been moved southward but i would love to go back and visit sometime, breathtaking scenery up those parts hey :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back