teething?

BevG

Reaction score
the last 2 days Alyssa has been grizzling, restless and easily disturbed when sleeping, whiney but not inconsolable and drooling / wanting to chew on things / feed lots for comfort not hunger.

im starting to think its really early teething as it dosent seem like colic or reflux, she dosent throw up or hate lying down, she just cant settle or sleep deeply, something keeps waking her. is it totally ridiculous to think she might have a bit of teethig pain? she can already hold her head off the floor really well at tummy time and ive only done it the last 2 days and she was trying to roll over yesterday too.

It does sound like teething and its completly possible some babies are even born with teeth. Phoebe started from 9 weeks. Nelsons powders work brilliantly and they're suitable from birth x

They can have sore gums for months whether teeth pop out or not. I think it's natural for babies to try and chew things to help things along.

yeah i just want to be able to do something to help make her comfortable, at the minute the only way to soothe her is dummy a bit but she hasnt got the hand or mouth control to chew that yet so what works well is a finger in her mouth with the muslin over it, she chews on your finger then between her gum ridges, dosent suck on it like usual just proper bites down and pokes the muslin with her tongue, seems to help her a little, enough to let her sleep at least.

I read somewhere that the teeth cs move under the gums before they are ready to pop through and this can cause teething type symptoms. Xxx

yeah thats what i was thinking it might be, gonna get some gripe water n teething stuff ready for when she needs it. im not expecting her to cut a tooth anytime soon but if her gums hurt i wanna ba able to have some calpol or something ready as yesterday i had nothing and she was so unsettled. letting her bite on my muslin covered finger seemed to help her tho for a bit

I has been like this too, I think his teeth r just starting to move around in his gums ready for teething

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back