teething help . . .

spice

Reaction score
firstly would really like to know if the amber necklaces really do make a difference? though i think i'd feel better with a anklet!

so Flynn has now been teething for just over a month, AND we can now see a tooth through his gum, its so white and you can actually feel how its curved (compared to the rest of his gum which is smooth!) the tooth next to it is slightly visible to! My mum had a look today and she said it's defiantly a tooth! which would explain the MAJOR grumpiness every time you try and feed him :(

so apart from the amber, is there anything else i can do? i've tried calop...he spits it out, got granules..they help but are not that good, got teething gel...seems to do nothing, got teething toys...again seem to do nothing...if not make it worse :( and putting them all together he still wont feed properly, and has now started to wake up again at night as he's not getting his full days feeds in!

any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated, thank x

Other things i do, rub his gums with a muslin cloth, cold teether toys from the fridge, i swear by the powders. Im not too sure bout the necklace as i nver used one but a lady at my toddler group swears by it! Also a nuby bug ring teether, your lo may be too young to hold and chew himself but u cud hold it for him. My lo loves his, he chews it to death! Teething sucks!

I swear by Amber necklaces, LO has worn one since he was about 4 months old. It actually broke (the clasp snapped) a few weeks ago so I'm waiting on another one at the moment, he's definitely sleeping worse than ever at the moment (we were up 6 times last night) and I've tried all combinations I can think of with bedding, lighting, black out blinds, night clothes etc, and the only thing left to try is putting the necklace back on. I'm getting desperate lol!

Anyway, back to teething - with the necklace on we haven't used any meds or powders, but I do sometimes put a cold wet flannel into the fridge for couple of hours - he loves sinking his teeth into that :)

There are no signs of teeth for Jack yet but he defo gets teething pains sometimes. We have an anklet but tbh he hasn't really suffered enough for me to judge whether it works yet so its sitting in the cupboard waiting to be used. Teething gel seems really good for Jack so on the odd occasion he seems in pain we use that. He also uses muzzy's for comfort and often rams it in his mouth and chews on it which seems to help too, we have to watch him though because he gets a bit carried away and gags on it! Ebay sell anklets very cheap, give it a go! x

We use ashton & parsons powders they really help Tegan! xx

The amber teething necklace did nothing for oscar at all. We've tried everything out there and the combination that works best for Oz is calpol and bonjella! He's been reallly bad for about 2-3 weeks now, but nothing is cutting through atm. So frustrating!

Dylan wears the necklace and he has 3 teeth with 4th tooth cutting through atm and had no problems at all. You have to make sure it remains in contact with the skin tho so no showing it off over his clothes because it won't do its job.

I researched them b4 I got his n they say anklets are least reactive because its too far from the source of pain.

Another 1 I recently heard if is gumigems I think it was or something similar x x

Well last night was a better night, his behaviour was better but not by much! We've got this gummy thing like a gum shield, so covered it gel and let him go mad on it, also gave him a second sachet of granules and he settled a lot easier and slept from 11pm till 7am which he normally does! He had woken the past few nights but didn't want feeding so I think it was just the discomfort!

Think I'll try and talk OH into petting me put an amber anklet on him, As a necklace is really not going to work, if he gets bored on his fingers he pulls his collar up and chews on that if there's no other fabric around!

Thanks ladies x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back