Teething in weird order

Rooster30

Reaction score
I know teeth come in in different orders but nevertheless I'm just questioning the order of my daughters teeth.

So it started normal, two bottom centre, then the four at the top centre and then the left at the bottom next to the central two... months on we're still waiting for the symmetrical one to appear on the right. Today she was being a right rotter so felt her gum where her new tooth should appear - soft as anything... Felt around the rest of her mouth and all four molars were there (three cut through and the other is very imminent).

As I said, I know the teeth don't necessarily turn up in the right order but I had expected them to come in their pairs as usual, so I'm a bit thrown. Anyone else experienced this?

That's exactly how my son's are. He is 16 months and has the same teeth you have just mentioned, with a big gummy gap between the front row and the molars. I would worry about it, the others are bound to come in. X

Hi rooster, similar with our LO, bottom two, top two then a single bottom then top pair and only then the second bottom one so she now has 8 teeth...also working on the molars atm...dont worry the missing pair will show....

My daughter exactly - she is 18 months, has all four molars, top front four, bottom front two and one to her left of those two but no sign of the right and no sign of canines x

My 13 month olds came in bottom two, then top centre right and 2nd right, then centre left and 2nd left. She's got 3rd left on its way and after reading your post I had a feel and she's got a bottom molar which is through sitting all by itself.

My sister got her canines first which was a little startling!

When my adult teeth were coming in I had one that took ages and had a gap for months. I asked the dentist and he said it was probably just a bit squint and had to take the time to line up with the other teeth so it would fit. Sure enough it did come in eventually. Maybe that is what is happening with your LO.

Until recently my little boy had 4 non-matching teeth (i.e. none with a tooth above/below) and the teeth on the sides came through vampire-style before the incisors in the middle. Now at 17 months we are upto 5 teeth with finally one pair so he can actually bite stuff. We didn't get any teeth at all until past 13 months which made eating normal toddler foods they give at playgroup like breadsticks etc very difficult!

I'm sure your little one's teeth will turn up in the end :) My cousin didn't get any teeth until she was nearly 2.. fortunately her dad is a dentist so he wasn't too worried! :)

Thanks ladies. I guess it'll arrive in its own time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back