Teacher problem

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Moo101, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Moo101

Moo101 Well-Known Member

Are there any other teachers out there with the problem of picking names that don't remind them of certain students?! I've been teaching six years so have taught kids by most names! I don't like completely out there names and much prefer classic ones. I was always a big fan of George, but since Will and Kate had a George this name has become more and more popular.

2. Wilson28

Wilson28 Well-Known Member

I work in the nhs in maternity so all the names i hear there remind me of certain people lol xx

3. katherine6476

katherine6476 Well-Known Member

Definitely had that problem after 18 years teaching! Out eldest is Amelia. I've never taught one of those. Our youngest is charlotte. Didn't care about it being the Royal baby name and I taught a lovely little girl called charlotte last year.

4. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

I used to work with children and I agree I hear a name and it reminds me of a particular child- it's really difficult! X

5. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

I don't work in childcare but I do work in elderly care and have similar issues lol a lot of names people like (Elsie for example) just reminds me of old ladies lol

My friend works in a nursery and if I suggest a name she will tell me if heyre naughty or nice lol

6. Copterpops

Copterpops Well-Known Member

My sister and her husband are both teachers, and definitely struggled with his problem.

They now have a Phoebe (my dads suggeation, she was his favourite in Friends), and a Cameron.

7. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

I work with children with special needs and some are very aggressive. Iv found picking names really difficult x

8. beanie5

beanie5 Well-Known Member

i dont but my mum does and she said the same! when we named Emma she was glad it didn't remind her of any naughty children!

9. Rose83

Rose83 Well-Known Member

Yep, secondary school teacher here and most names remind me of kids I have taught and usually bad ones! My little girl is Ivy and I've never taught one of them. Our little boy (due next month) is a secret and I'm a bit superstitious about revealing before birth but I'd never taught one until this year when a particularly naughty one turned up and I was gutted but we are still going to use it! X

10. Glitter2707

Glitter2707 Well-Known Member

Yep I also had these issues!! Have been a primary school teacher for 8 years now. I have a Caitlin - have only taught one of those when I was a student & she was super cute - and a Madeleine, haven't taught one of those. There are quite a few names (mainly boys!) I would never have after certain children I've taught over the years

11. Moo101

Moo101 Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one who seems to have formed a naughty and nice list!

12. MrsGriff

MrsGriff Well-Known Member

Primary school teacher here too.... and yes, I find it really hard to choose names as I always associate them with particular children, for example, I've met an awful lot of very naughty boys called Connor and Luke so would never pick those names.

When I was pregnant first time around we had chosen the name Daniel and then I ended up with 4 Daniel's in my class. Luckily they were all nice boys so it didn't put me off. Didn't matter in the end as I had a girl.

13. Rhelen91

Rhelen91 Well-Known Member

I've worked in a private nursery and out of hours club, and a primary school between 2007 and 2012, and I must admit I am guilty of forming a naughty and nice list :') even now I still remember the sweetest kids I looked after, and the absolute horrors!

14. Overthemoon2

Overthemoon2 Well-Known Member

Oh wow yes! This is proving a challenge for me and my OH!

15. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

Yes, I have this problem. Girls' names are fine, but we cannot find a boy's name that we like that doesn't remind me of a child I don't want my child to have the same name as!