Teacher problem

Moo101

Reaction score
Are there any other teachers out there with the problem of picking names that don't remind them of certain students?! I've been teaching six years so have taught kids by most names! I don't like completely out there names and much prefer classic ones. I was always a big fan of George, but since Will and Kate had a George this name has become more and more popular.

I work in the nhs in maternity so all the names i hear there remind me of certain people lol xx

Definitely had that problem after 18 years teaching! Out eldest is Amelia. I've never taught one of those. Our youngest is charlotte. Didn't care about it being the Royal baby name and I taught a lovely little girl called charlotte last year.

I used to work with children and I agree I hear a name and it reminds me of a particular child- it's really difficult! X

I don't work in childcare but I do work in elderly care and have similar issues lol a lot of names people like (Elsie for example) just reminds me of old ladies lol

My friend works in a nursery and if I suggest a name she will tell me if heyre naughty or nice lol

My sister and her husband are both teachers, and definitely struggled with his problem.

They now have a Phoebe (my dads suggeation, she was his favourite in Friends), and a Cameron.

I work with children with special needs and some are very aggressive. Iv found picking names really difficult x

i dont but my mum does and she said the same! when we named Emma she was glad it didn't remind her of any naughty children!

Yep, secondary school teacher here and most names remind me of kids I have taught and usually bad ones! My little girl is Ivy and I've never taught one of them. Our little boy (due next month) is a secret and I'm a bit superstitious about revealing before birth but I'd never taught one until this year when a particularly naughty one turned up and I was gutted but we are still going to use it! X

Yep I also had these issues!! Have been a primary school teacher for 8 years now. I have a Caitlin - have only taught one of those when I was a student & she was super cute - and a Madeleine, haven't taught one of those. There are quite a few names (mainly boys!) I would never have after certain children I've taught over the years

Glad I'm not the only one who seems to have formed a naughty and nice list!

Primary school teacher here too.... and yes, I find it really hard to choose names as I always associate them with particular children, for example, I've met an awful lot of very naughty boys called Connor and Luke so would never pick those names.

When I was pregnant first time around we had chosen the name Daniel and then I ended up with 4 Daniel's in my class. Luckily they were all nice boys so it didn't put me off. Didn't matter in the end as I had a girl.

I've worked in a private nursery and out of hours club, and a primary school between 2007 and 2012, and I must admit I am guilty of forming a naughty and nice list :') even now I still remember the sweetest kids I looked after, and the absolute horrors!

Yes, I have this problem. Girls' names are fine, but we cannot find a boy's name that we like that doesn't remind me of a child I don't want my child to have the same name as!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back