Think we've got a name....maybe

Toni_Win

Reaction score
We've been trying to think of names for the little one for a while. We've had his middle names picked out because DH family has a tradition of using the grandfather's (or grandmother if it's a girl) names as the middle names. So our son will have the middle names of Keith (my Dad) and Joseph (DH Dad). But I've been really struggling to come up with a first name.

The problem is that I've given myself too many criteria to cross names off with. I want something that can be shortened, so we'll use the full name when he's in trouble, but the short name most of the time. It needs to be something that goes with the middle and surnames. Ideally I want it to be near the beginning of the alphabet. Our surname is Winder, so he's always going to be near the end in alphabetical things with his surname, so it would be nice to be near the beginning with a first name at least. (I'm speaking from experience). Then finally, hubby is a teacher, so there are loads of names he'll instantly say no too, because he knows too many naughty kids with that name.

Anyway, yesterday I got a regular email newsletter from bounty.com and it had a link to an article on childrens names that were teachers pests, pets and prefects (http://www.bounty.com/teachers-pests-pets-and-prefects?WT.mc_id=50002). So it lists the top 10 names teachers voted as the naughtiest, most popular and smartest. DH loved the article and agreed with many of the names on the list. Anyway, number 8 on the top 10 brightest boys is Ben. I've been liking Benjamin for a while, but think hubby ruled it out a while back. Anyway, after seeing this list he's changed his mind and has now decided he likes Ben!

So looks like little one is going to be Benjamin Keith Joseph Winder. (Originally was going to be Benjamin Joseph Keith Winder till we realised this gave him the first two initials BJ!). May well change our minds before he arrives or even when we see him, but I'm so excited about choosing a name I had to post something explaning our story!

aww that sounds lovely and has a real nice ring to it. can understand you dilemma boys names are really hard to come up with. and do have to say had a giggle at the bj bit lol (shows my level of maturity eh :-s) x

I really like Benjamin too - but DH doesn't. Really liked the article you linked - I used to be a teacher - and have therefore ruled out quite a lot of the names on the list from personal experience! Haha... certainly has made our list of possible options shorter!

At one point we had Bentley James which is BJ!!! Went straight off that!! Lol!!

I really like that!! awww, sweet :) x x x

It has a couple of shortenings too. I know a BenJar and i know a Jar and i know a Jamin too!

its a good name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back