• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tantrums!

kellie80

Reaction score
Aimee has just started having them! She has had little ones for months like when she has to get dressed or get her nappy done but these are completly different. She just throws herself on the floor and screams really angrily. She is only just 12 months so not to sure what to do. I can't remember Jess going through this although i'm sure she did. Do i just ignore them or is she too young for that yet?

Im a massive believer in positive parenting, when my girls were little and the tantrums started I just compleltey ignored them and didnt give them any physical or eye contact or words until the tantrum had stopped. Even then its important not to go to overboard with the praise as this can then still translate as an attention reward for the tantrum.

Every parent thinks differently though and im not sure theres a right or wrong way, just what works for the individual.

Theres all kinds of other techniques - time out, taking away toys, and im sure you'll find what works for you - and remember - almost every child goes thorugh this stage and it doesnt last forever!

kellie80 said:
Aimee has just started having them! She has had little ones for months like when she has to get dressed or get her nappy done but these are completly different. She just throws herself on the floor and screams really angrily. She is only just 12 months so not to sure what to do. I can't remember Jess going through this although i'm sure she did. Do i just ignore them or is she too young for that yet?

do this when shes having a tantrum and count to ten!

2.gif

:rotfl:

budge said:
kellie80 said:

do this when shes having a tantrum and count to ten!

2.gif

:rotfl:

LMAO thats brilliant!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen