I know it sounds vain but is fake tan safe?

Shelley

Reaction score
I know what I must sound like but I'm a loyal fake tanner and feel so much better with a bronze glow as I have never and will never use sunbeds.

I have a fortnightly spray tan and top up myself inbetween but is this ok? I've not done it for 4 weeks and am ghostly white and feel crap. Some websites have said it's ok and one has said it's not. There's nothing on the bottle to say if it's safe.

:think: I know I must sound so vain but it's my only vice and it makes me feel good.

i used it all through my pregnancy i either used to get a spray tan or use st tropez :)
some people say be carfull in the first 12weeks what creams u use but some say its fine my HV said its fine x x

Hi,

Im a qualified beauty therapist, and my personal advice would be to avoid fake tan totally for the first 12 weeks just to be on the safe side. Im sure it would be ok, but personally I would not take the chance.

After 12 weeks any fake tan is ok so long as it DOESNT contain any essential oils, (which are sometimes in fake tan because they make them smell more pleasant) as they are made up of extremely fine particles and can penetrate into your bloodstream and through to the placenta.

Fake Bake is a brilliant tan for pregnancy as its totally organic. Your skin may also be of heightened sensitivity during pregnancy so if your using a new product do a patch test if your worried.

Hope this helps!

Maybe instead of the actual fake tan
why not try the moisturisers with the tanning stuff in they arn't as strong but are just as nice, also the moisturiser will keep your skin from getting to dry which can be a problem during pregnancy.

xSuzx

Thank everyone - I'll use the moisturisers for a bit until I'm 12 weeks then try fake bake. X P.S How do I get the funky time scale thingys that you all have at the bottom of your pages?

Fake Bake is the name of a self tan product, im a qualified Fake Bake Tanning therapist, they also sell other products, not just tanners.

Here is their website so you can have a gander :D

http://www.fakebake.co.uk/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back