taking LO abroad??

lillou

Reaction score
hi mums :D

we have the chance of a life time to have our wedding in Jamaica the first two weeks of March next year courtesy of a lovely dad!

anyway our little girl will only be 5 months (approx) what do you ladies feel about this? is it too young? of course we'd keep her in the shade at all times etc but what about her milk etc?

HELP :lol:

Go for it!! Take your own milk and some jars/packets of food in your suitcase (you can buy a few bits in Boots after security at the airport for the flight, i.e. a couple of ready to drink cartons of milk or what ever) and go.....get a good suncream for her and like you said hats and shade. You'll have a great time, our LO had his first holiday at 5.5 months old and utterly loved it. Enjoy!! :dance:

Definately go for it.

You need to make sure you take enough nappies unless you want to pay a fortune out there, and milk if you formular feed, you can get all sorts of travel accsessories to make things easier.

I'm off to Florida in 67 days, my LO isn't even born yet!!!!!!

All you have to remember is that people in Jamaca have babies too!!

Go for it, lots of families go abroad with young babies. Just be prepared etc with formula, nappies and protect baby in the sun.

We're going abroad next summer with our baby and toddler.

I took my baby to Tunisia when he was 5 1/2 months! I know not quite as hot or far off lol but still lol!
And congratulations!! What a great place ot get married!! :hug: :cheer:

Fynns been abroad 3 times already!

The first time he was 9 weeks old.

Go for it! :D

go for it, we got married in jamaica on 13th dec last year and it was beautiful, i can recomend the Riu Negril its fantastic and all inclusive, they cater well for babies too.
Be careful as the sun gets so so hot we saw alot of children get burnt but if you use tons of sun screen and put baby in a t shirt or something also get out the sun mid day, u should be fine then.

thanks ladies, we have decided on the first two weeks in May so our lil girl will be about 7 months :cheer:

we have looked at lots of hotels and *think* we have decided on the Beaches Boscobel Resort so it is very child friendly!

cant wait now!

lillou said:
thanks ladies, we have decided on the first two weeks in May so our lil girl will be about 7 months :cheer:

we have looked at lots of hotels and *think* we have decided on the Beaches Boscobel Resort so it is very child friendly!

cant wait now!
i havnt heard of this one which side of the island is it, we have been a couple of times now i love it and was hoping to go again for our wedding anniversary in dec but baby is due the day before so will have to wait.

hennaly said:
lillou said:

cant wait now!
i havnt heard of this one which side of the island is it, we have been a couple of times now i love it and was hoping to go again for our wedding anniversary in dec but baby is due the day before so will have to wait.

its Ocho Rios, heres a link to it;

http://www.beaches.com/main/bo/bo-home.cfm

The resort looks lovely :D I'm very jealous ;) Your little girl will have loads of fun :)

ocha rios is to the left of the airport negril is to the right and a bit further round both are beautiful you will have a fantastic time.
If you get a chance to swim with dolphins go for it its amazing even the baby could come as you can go in the paddle pool rather than actual swim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back