Travelling Abroad with a Baby

Tasha89

Reaction score
Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on this?

My Aunty lives in Spain (Costa del Sol) and as we don't see each other much, me and OH were thinking of visiting her this May with Evelyn. She gave birth to a little boy last Oct and neither of us have seen each others babies so would be great to visit.

I just told my Mum about our plans and she was horrified that I would take Evie on a plane...I thought it was a good idea! lol!

Also, if anyone has travelled abroad with a baby under 1, have you any tips/advice?

Thanks my lovlies :) x

Ill be taking Paige to france in April but I figure it shoudl all be fine. It should be even easier for you as Evelyn is breastfed. With the plane journey just give her a feed during the take off and landing as this will make her more comfortable and take toys and things that will keep her amused. Cant really think of anything else. Maybe try get a full body swimsuit? I got one from Sainsbury for £8. That and a good hat :)

Yeah, first thing my Mum said was "Her ears will hurt during take off" But like you said if she's fed during taking off and landing, the sucking should help a lot. I've not read much into it but i've seen you should keep babies under 1 out of the sun so just to avoid the hottest sun hours (mid aft) so a full body swimsuit would defo be a good idea :)

Last edited:
were planning to go to tenerife in april, just before layla will be 6months,

most airlines will take ur pushchair and a car seat on last and not include it in your baggage allowance and i kno thomson are very kiddy friendly :) you can take milk & water on the flight, (they dont include it in the 100ml only thingy) not that it matters to you cos shes bfed,

im going to take a pack of nappies in the suitcase, cos then we will have supplies until we can find a supermarket selling them, wipes and nappy sacks, purly cos there cheaper here, swim nappies are also something to consider, a little wee wee isnt too bad in the pool, but a poop wouldnt be nice to try n rescue im sure!! lol

baby suncream factor 50 is on offer in superdrug atm, :)

we are planning to buy a cheap stroller to take just for the holliday, sounds crazy, but the last 3 times we have been away our cases were battered that much (and they were brand new) that we had to throw them away cos they really were f*cked! so i dont want to take my proper pushchair, im gona get one from asda

http://direct.asda.com/Red-Kite-Push-Me-Lite-Stroller---Pink/002663509,default,pd.html

something like that purly for the price cos i dont want it to get battered or ruined on the flight,
oh and im planinin on taking a bottle of calpol too just incase,

and to try and have lots of fun! lol
xxx

Yeah, i'd be buying a cheap buggy to take. My friends was destroyed on their flight home and they only got £50 back from airline! If it survives it can stay at Grandma's house lol!
Good idea about the swim nappies - shit (mind french!) i've just thrown some vouchers for Huggies little swimmers! They're still in the bin so i'll go fishing in a min! :rofl:
Just been reading that although Spain is very kiddy-friendly, they do frown upon BF in public in prudish parts... As long as I know the phrase 'f*ck off!' in Spanish i'll be fine!! Hehe!

Lol, just been fishing through our kitchen bin and those vouchers were for normal Huggies :wall: (don't like Huggies) Damn it!

gosh wonder what your mum would think of me - i'm taking george out to dubai in 5 weeks time so he'll only be 13 weeks old but its DH's stand off week and the only chance to see him until July!

I flew with my youngest son when he was just 4 weeks old and he slept the whole time. Its easy when they are small in my opinion, it only gets harder the older they are when they don't want to sit sill for more than 5 minutes!

gosh wonder what your mum would think of me

Haha! I think it was the shock! lol! We've been planning to go to Cornwall you see but then I figured, heck, lets go see my Aunty in Spain :roll:

Just spoke to her today and she's fine with it now! She's a funny one!

Now i've just got to find somewhere cheap to stay! Found somewhere at about £550 for us all for the week (inc flights, hotel) but they charge Evelyn an adult price for the room! Surely that cant be right?

i travelled with my lo from italy to the uk when he was just over 2 months old and he was FINE!!! when we took off and landed i made sure he had his dummy, he had a feed on the flight and i changed him twice and then he slept!! he didnt even flinch!!!! it will be fine!!! my mum took me on a plane when i was 5weeks old!

I took Madison to Spain at just under 8 months! she had a ball, was fine flying and didnt cry ONCE the whole time! :D xx

We are taking Emily to greece in may. As melio said, we plan on giving her a bottle during take off and landing, plenty of sunscreen. I have some really cute swimsuits and hats for her :) x

Tasha I swear Ive got loads of little swimmers vouchers if you wanted me to send them to you? Ive got a reuable swim nappy so dont need them, I was going to just throw them away tbh.

^^^ That'd be fab :-D I must've chucked mine out a while back :wall: Will only need one or two - think they come in packs of 11 and we're only off for 7 days.
I'll PM you my address. I think you're another one I got a bit too click happy with and deleted off FB? I even deleted OH by mistake lol! I'll find you in a min.x

order your swim nappies off amazon, theyre much cheaper. Today I ordered 2 jumbo boxes of pampers 86 per box) and a 9 pack of pampers sensitive wipes for £21 :yay:

I really wanna book a holiday now! I dont think its a bad idea at all, its probably easier to do it when they cant run around anyway!

Good idea! Might have to give Amazon a go for her daytime nappies! Never thought of buying online... I use Asda Little Angels at £10 for 120 but I really like the Pampers Simply Dry as they're quite thin.

Tasha I swear Ive got loads of little swimmers vouchers if you wanted me to send them to you? Ive got a reuable swim nappy so dont need them, I was going to just throw them away tbh.

If you have any leftover melio, could I please have some???? Xx

Good idea! Might have to give Amazon a go for her daytime nappies! Never thought of buying online... I use Asda Little Angels at £10 for 120 but I really like the Pampers Simply Dry as they're quite thin.

£10 for 120? That's fab, might give them a try xx

Yeah, they're a bit bulky though... I don't normally shop too much at asda but a friend recommended them. They been at 2 packs (of 60) for £10 for months so assume it's alway on that price. I also LOVE their wipes. 4 packs (of 80) for £3 :-D Cant grumble at all especially when I go through nearly a pack when she poops! Unfragranced wipes though, the fragranced ones smell AWFUL!

Although saying that, my little brother did a test at his secondary school the other week where they tested how effective different brands of nappies were (suppose it's handy to know!) and he said that Morrisons own were best. I shop at Morrisons so gonna give them a go :)

Last edited:
I love the asda wipes. They are like tesco that they have the clip lid do they don't dry out. :) ooh, I don't shop at morrisons but have a massive one right near my house, might try them. We use pampers, like them the best and you can always get some kind if deal on them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back