Travelling Abroad with a Baby

im going away to tenerife with lo when he will be 5 months old and im TERRIFIED at what ill do if he is screaming the plane down! x

I just got back from the States (2 flights in one day, one from London to NYC and next one from NYC to Florida) and they were fine. Bare in mind also that I flew ALONE with them :lol: My children are 4 months and the older one just over 2 years. Obviously have to find ways to keep the older one entertained as they get bored but apart from that they were absolutely fine. They tell you to have babies suck on their dummies or bottles to prevent ear ache but both of mine have always been fine and have been flying from early months :) Kids will be fine, it's just yourself you have to worry about, haha. Good luck!x

I moved across the world to Oman with Alanna when she was 6 weeks old. 3 flights in a day, No problem during take off and landing! She was either asleep or feeding and didnt even notice. The only time she cried was while we were taxi'ing!

They didnt let me take her buggy on the plane but took it off me at the last minute at the plane door to go into baggage, and gave it back at the door after each flight.

Security is a right pain! Make sure all the liquidy stuff is quick to hand. And if you can.. get baby to sleep before you go through, they wont make you take her out of the buggy if she is sleeping!

Thanks for all your tips guys!

Next question...water?

Evelyn is an exclusively BF baby at the mo so obv she doesn't take water but what with her being in a warmer climate I'm wondering if BM is enough? What do you think?

I gave Alanna water on the plane, but she hasnt had it since she has been here and no probles hydration wise (And im in the desert! Lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back