Taking less milk at 4 months?

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Last time I took Jake to the HV 3 weeks ago she said I should excpect to see an increase in his appitite in the next few weeks, and to move him onto SMA white as he is still on gold. His appitite has actually decreased and Im starting to worry a bit now that he isnt getting enough. I try to give him 5 x 7-9oz a day but he doesnt drink it all and his last feed has seemed to have dropped off now so he is taking about 4x 8oz a day. According to THIS WEBSITE he should be having about 44oz a day, not 28oz which is what he is currently taking. He just doesnt seem as interested in food as he used to. He is 17 weeks old and weighs about 17lb

I havnt started him on solids yet as Im interested in baby-led weaning. I know they say that you should follow your baby's lead but im a bit worried :?

It has just occured to me that I have changed the way i make up his feeds slightly... i used to make the feed up and put it in the fridge, now I put the bottle of water in the frigde and put the formula in as needed. He has always taken his milk chilled. I wonger if it makes the difference to him :think:

i dont know about the fridge thing as I always give JT his milk warmed. I wouldn't worry too much about those labels and what they r supposed to have. I just feed JT when he wants feeding and give him whatever he'll take. He usually has 5 7oz bottles per day.. sometimes he migt leave an oz sometimes 2 - other days he wants an extra bottle.

so long as he's not losing weight and doesn't seem poorly i'd say he's fine :hug:

Liam was exactly the same at 4 months. He just seemed to lose interest in milk. He seemed hungry but it was just like he knew the milk wasnt filling him :think: I started to give him some fruit/veg puree which he loved. I can't really give you any advice but just thought I'd let you know that my little one was the same.

do you know why your HV suggested moving him onto sma white? my HV said to keep him on his current milk as long as he is happy, i went from sma gold to white and luke didn't like it at all he suffered with wind and constipation so i went back to sma gold and he is fine. 44oz a day sounds like a lot of milk to have in a day even at that age, luke is small but even at that age before weaning he was only having up to 25oz a day.

hi, dont get on a lot so have just seen your post. dont worry about his milk, if he is hungry your LO will drink. our daughter is a similar age and is only 12lb so i wouldnt worry about his weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back