Swollen Tonsils + Rash?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
I took alanna to the doctor a couple days ago because she was off her food and getting fevers at night, He said she had swollen tonsils and prescribed me antibiotics, and antihistamine, as well as instructing me to give her ibruprofen..

Well this afternoon she has got a rash forming! (Really odd i thought considering she is on antihistamines!?)

It started round the back of her ears and follows her hairline up to her forehead, a little on her face and back aswell..

She has had these antibiotics before with no problem, same with the antihistamine, The ibruprofen im using is new, but she has been using it for a couple days, wouldnt there be an instant reaction if it was an allergy to that?

Any ideas on what could be up with my lil girl?

Not necessarily. I am allergic to ranitidine, but both times it took 2 weeks of use for the reaction to come out and it always starts how you have described on your LO.

She has had nurofen before with no problem, this is the same concentration, just a different brand though..

There could be a different ingredient maybe? Not sure, only thing would be to get a doctor to do allergy test for all items she is taking atm, which they do do if you request it.

Nobody believed I was allergic to ranitidine because the first time it happened I'd been taking it for just over 2 weeks, so later in my pregnancy they put me back on it and 2 weeks later I got an even worse reaction than the first time, but it both times it never came out straight away.

If there is nothing else different in her routine, like food or soaps etc, then it is more likely something in what she is taking :confused:

She is allerigc to amoxicillin, so im thinking it might be the antibiotic afterall, i cant remember if she got a rash last time though. If she is still rashy tomorrow i will take her back to the doctor.

Hope she's better soon. Hives are the worst, so uncomfortable xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back