SWOLLEN LEGS

Jadie

Reaction score
Hi, i am due the 8 th of march, I have just noticed my legs and feet have swollen up.

they feel uncomfortable to walk on.

I know swelling can happen, but whats normal?

I have not had this problem untill now.

Should I be worried and inform a midwife?

Myhands have not swollen!

if your at all worried hun id give midwife a call just to be on safe side xxxx

Hiya, I rang the on call midwife.

She said it could just be because it so late on in pregnancy, but if it gets worse or i feel unwell to givr her a ring and go to the hospital!

She said something about high blood pressure!

Hey Jadie,

Swelling along with a high BP & protein in your wee can be the first signs of pre-eclampsia. Do you have any other symptons such as headaches or sudden weight gain?

I know swelling can happen in the later stages of pregnancy, my ankles swell a little if I have been on my feet for too long (they never did that before) and my friends hands swelled so much she couldn't wear her wedding ring.

Nicki.x

Hey!

I've been having the exact same problem the last couple of days along with high BP, protein and headaches but blood tests haven't confirmed pre-eclampsia.

My community MW is always concerned and sends me to the day unit where they are much more laid back.

Hospital put it down to the weather and temperature inside due to heating etc.

If you feel really rotten, see stars or start vomiting then ring your MW straight away. It's far too easy to think you're making a big deal about things but don't forget that your health is just as important as the baby's.

Juz xxx

In the last few weeks of pregancy my legs and ankles swelled so much it was unreal - i even took photos of them they were that bad.

I would speak to your M/W as they will want to keep checking your BP and urine to rule out pre-eclampsia. I started to get very high BP a day or so before my little one was born 2.5 weeks early - so just make sure you mention it to your M/W so they can keep an eye on it

L x

Jadie - Forgot to say I was due 7th March - so make sure you keep the M/W informed!!!!!!!!!!!!

L x

Hello - my baby is due on the 14th of March and I have had swollen ankles and legs for a few weeks now. My hands are also swollen, although they don't look too bad I can tell because I can't wear my wedding ring.

My midwife said it is ok as long as there is no protein in my urine and my BP isn't too high. My BP lingers at the high end of normal but she doesn't worry about it as long as I am generally well in other ways. I would mention it and tell them you are concerned but I am sure everything is fine :) I always think it is safest to get something checked and put your mind at rest - don't worry about feeling like you are being a pain, you know your body better than anyone else.

Not long to go now!!! :p

Thanks for your replys,

My legs have gone down abit today, i feel ok, got a headache but its not to bad! thats proberly just cos I am feeling tired!

I am going to take it easy today, it made me realise I am about to have a baby and deserve to sit all day!!!

I have been doing jobs around the house all day since I stopped working!

if my head gets worse I will ring the midwife, worring will make it wors!

Thanks agian!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back