Swollen Fingers and Ankles.........

Fiona

Reaction score
Today is the first day that I have woken to find my fingers and ankles swollen............... :( :( :(

for the past few weeks my ankles have been swollen by the end of the day but by the time I have had my feet up in the evening and then slept for the night ......... they have been back to normal by the morning...

but not today........... right little podgy ankles and fingers I have.... can;t even get my fingers on and not sure what shows I am going to wear to work in a minute........... might end up having to go in with my slippers on.... very glamarous :rotfl: :rotfl:

has anyone else had this ?? Is the only answer to have my feet up more..

haven't got long to go so I am not too worried......... I think it is all that extra weight my poor feet have to deal with........ have a fab bump which I am very proud of ............ it is rather large though :rotfl:

I've had swollen fingers for week's now - took my rings off before they needed to be cut off!!! :shock:

its one of them things that i think you either get or you dont get, i aint had any swelling at all through any of my 3 pregnancies, im amazed :lol:

I haven't really suffered with any swelling of the fingers or ankles.......I think its a great excuse to just make sure you keep your feet up Fiona :cheer:

Hope you found some shoes to wear for work..... :lol:

my ankles swell its so annoying when u take socks off u get the massive dent where they were lol

yeah somedays i am more swollen than others a lot of days now i can't get my rings on and i live in my trainers cos i can't get my boots on!!

all normal, good excuse to put hose feet up fiona :dance:

I'm like becks, take socks off and have a massive dent which then itches like crazy! Ive also took my rings off as I noticed they were getting tight and didnt want them to get stuck. Not really been too bad with swelling just the usual :)

I do remember swelling up a lot after DD and not being able to get in my shoes to go home so had to walk to the car in socks (They didnt offer the glam foam slippers in them days!) so remember this ladies when you pack your hossie bags that the shoes you went in with may not fit when you come out.

Fiona, you should mention this to your doctor/midwife next time you have your check-up as it is one of the signs of pre-eclampsia.
ONLY if you have raised blood pressure and protein in your wee too though so don't get scared!
Swelling is normal in pregnancy particularly in the late stages but it is worth checking it out and keeping an eye on it.
I had very swollen fingers, ankles and feet for the last few weeks of pregnancy so my doctors always kept an extra close eye out for the pre-eclampsia.
Lucyx

thanks lucy bee- I will mention it when I see the MW on Wed. So far my bp and wee have been fine ...... but you never know

I would mention this too as I had symptoms of pre eclampsia last pg, signs were picked up at 35 weeks such as wee, bp,swelling,they had all started gradually.

I was sectioned the following week.

may just be pg but best to check with your m/w to be on the safe side :hug:

i hope all is ok fiona which im sure it will be. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111