Swollen Feet - Advice Please

Charlie:-)

Reaction score
Suppose I have been very lucky really as I have managed to avoid any kind of water retention/swelling up until last Monday.

Went for a walk round Knaresborough and my feet ballooned with the heat, my feet now look like a club foot :lol: They're not as bad as Tilly's but not far off.

I really want to keep active and keep moving around in the hope it will spur my hopefully imminent labour on but do you think this will be ok or will I be doing more harm than good?

I'm really not sure what to do for the best.

I dont think swollen feet asre doing you any harm as long as they dont hurt, they just dont look nice, i beleive its the weather making them swollen at the moment, mine have been fins until yesterday when i noticed i had puffy ankles, they were ok again when i got up and already hae puffed a little today :roll: i'm not happy about it as i'm used to having skinny little boney ankles and feet lol.

As long as your not too uncomfortable i'd stay moving, but thats me, i'm not sure what "official" advice would be

You should be fine to carry on as usual :)
Just put your feet up at the end of the day. I've got some magicool stuff and it feels lush sprayed on hot and swollen feet!

I had horrible swollen feet/ankles/legs right up till Becky arrived. Doc's advice was to try and keep mobile but don't overdo it and put my feet up at the end of the day. The only end to it was a few days after birth!

Hi

It must be the weather. Since Friday my feet have been swallon, I'm less mobile cos of the heat rather then my swallon feet. Just put them up a lot :hug: :hug:

Mx

mine hav also swelled since friday, weather cant help

Putting them up, at least level with your hips is good.

And lie down with your shoulders propped up (so you are not flat on your back, as this is not good for you at present), and have your fet propped up higher than your hips. Helps circulation.

Maybe try a bowl of cool water or a foot spa too. Or get other half to massage them to get circulation going nicely in them.

I agree with others that keeping active during the day is the best thing also :)

Hope they get better soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back