swollen ankles and feet :(

Reaction score
I have been suffering with swollen ankles and feet for the past 2days :( and this is causing cramp in one of my feet. This only happens now and again but when it does , it is really painful :( .

Has anyone else been suffering with this ?

What can help with this ?

Should I call my MW ?

Didn't wanna read n run but I don't have any advice I'm afraid :( I am suffering from the same thing though :( Just one more thing to make you hate pregnancy! lol

Apparently eating a banana every day for potassium helps with cramps. I too get them in my toes, ouch but had them before I was pg too.

I have one swollen foot, it comes & goes. I saw the consultant on Monday & she said if its painful & if it swells & stays swollen/continues to get bigger then it could be a blood clot & I should call in. I asked my midwife the same question a few weeks ago & she never mentioned the possibility of blood clots but she is shit & always in a hurry! x

My feet and hands are swollen too. For me it's due to the heat. I've found cool baths to bring then back to size and make me feel loads better

I've just started suffering from swollen ankles and feet this week - I only noticed the other day when I came home from work and got changed it looked like I had balloons for feet.

I think the hot weather hasn't helped.

I work in an office so have put a box under my desk and am keeping my feet up as much as I can during the day, I've noticed a huge difference and there is only very slight puffiness now.

Try and keep your feet up as much as you can - not always practical I know but if you get any time when you aren't doing anything get your feet up.

It's the only thing I have found that helps.

Hope yours gets better soon

xx

I've only had swollen feet once but think it was because I had been on my feet at work all day and went down after an eve of relaxing on the sofa! Think hot weather makes swelling worse though xx

All I can advise is feet up as much as possible. I had sports day today so my ankles are quite a lot swollen - it all got a bit heated during the tug of war! lol But I did teach a lesson to another year group with me on my chair and my feet up on a spare seat.

thank you for the advice girls :) its impossible for me to sit with my feet up at work but I will have to speak to them x

Tri-hopping here! It's unfortunately another one of the horrible symptoms of pregnancy. Mine are huge and all I can wear are flip flops. Try to put your feet up so that they are higher than your heart and also point your toes and move ankles in a circular movement. On occasion, swelling can be a symptom of pre-eclampsia, but this is more sudden swelling of hands and feet and your midwife will be able to check this with your BP and urine checks.

I find the swelling makes mine itchy now, so I'm just trying to keep my feet cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back