Swolen Feet/Anckles. Is this normal

KirstyR

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Is it normal for my feet to swell a little ? iv gained 2 stone so im guessing so ?

had a busy weekend walking in the sun etc....

plus i do a lot of walking around in the office at work

my shoes are not great for support sometimes it feels im walking on the floor as they have quite thin soles

does anyone else suffer from this ?

29 + 2 weeks

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah I got really bad swollen feet whilst still at work, u need to put your feet up more and don't wear socks as they don't let the fluid drain back up your legs

When you get home hun rest your feet above hip height. If it's just day to day swelling it should go down, if it doesn't then mention it to your mw or gp xxxxxxxxx

its not a huge difference in size but i can tell...... i dont wear socks to work, i will keep my eye on it and let the OH give me a foot massage tonight lol ! yeah right ......

Thank you xxxx

When you get home hun rest your feet above hip height. If it's just day to day swelling it should go down, if it doesn't then mention it to your mw or gp xxxxxxxxx

Will do now you've mentioned it..... Thanks :) xx

They should start asking you about swelling and stuff cos it's all connected with bp and general health

I have the same problem... by the time i get home from work my feet are swollen, it goes down if i put my feet up for a bit..... easier said than done sometimes!!

im not back at the midwife till april the 13th ! so i will mention it to her then, I will have to try an rest more but like you say shiningstar its easier said than done ! :)

Thanks Again xxx

If you have got a bouncing ball, then put ur feet up on this. Its higher than hip level and very comfy - ive been doing it for a few days x

I've had the same, I went to put my ankle boots on the other day and they didn't fit! :(

mine are huge and have been for few weeks.
i have extra pillows in bed and put my feet up and sleep like that, it amazing the diffrence how much they can swell and how quickly.

It can be a sign of pre-eclampsia. I swelled up, but it got to the point when I was so swollen it worried me. I could only get 3 toes in my shoes lol (I cried so bad about this lol) I spoke to delivery suite and they got me straight over for blood tests just to be safe and everything was fine.

If ever worried always call them hun, or your midwife.

My cousin had pre-eclampsia and her LO had to be delivered at just under 25 weeks gestation :shock: He made it though and is now 8 months old and thriving!!

xxxxx

Swollen feet are really common. If you can elevate them above your heart it really helps.
I had pre-clampsia but my face and hands were also very swollen. Mention it to the midwife next time xx

Sent from my GT-I9100

i havent seen any other swell apart from my feet, and its not so much my toes ? il definately keep my eye on it and rest my legs quite high after work, Il mention it to my midwife next time i see her,Thanks for the advice ladies, - its much appreciated :) xxxxx

I have really swollen feet, I'm my case it is just one of those things. The midwife told me to elevate them like others have said. I use the ball too.

If you wear rings on your fingers, keep an eye on them too.
I suffer really bad with swollen ankles and i now can't wear my wedding/engagement rings as my fingers are swelling.
If your worried about it, get your blood pressure checked.
My blood pressures fine so I know its just one of those annoying side effects of pregnancy, but always best to check hun
X

snap, last week i had to take my rings off my fingers and wirsts have swollen.... nightmare trying to get my wedding ring off.

It is probably normal pregnancy swelling made worse because of the warm weather but as others have mentioned can also be a sign of PE. Are your feet only swollen towards the end if the day, or are they still swollen first thing in the morning when you get out of bed? When I had PE my feet were badly swollen and still were the next morning to the extent that the only thing I could put in my feet were flip flops (in January) my face was also very swollen. If you are worried get in touch with your midwife hun.

yes they seem ok in the morning, but by the end of the day i can see the difference, last night i put them up for a while and the swelling started to reduce, im not back at the midwife till 13th April because the clinic is closed during the bank holidays........they are not really swollen because i can still fit my feet in my shoes i can just see that they have changed in size sometimes, i will mention it to her on my next appointment

Thank you xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back