swine flu needle

abbiecourt

Reaction score
hey girls and bumps hope ur all ok xx
i went to nurse today and she mentioned that all pregnant woman are offerd a swine flu jab anyone else heard anything?
xx

Hi Abbie,

I wasnt offered mine, I called up and requested it. With all the stories in the news lately, I was worried and the nurse recommended it when i went into hospital as she had someone in intensive care who was 5 months pregnant and suffering from it. It completely your decision alot of people wont have it done but Ive had mine and i stand by that decision :)

there have been loads of threads about it in the different sections, if you have a quick search for swine flu it should bring them up :)

That way you will be able to see all the different views on it

Personally I have been and had it done as the risks from getting swine flu are horrible, Id rather be protected :)

Oh and no one contacted me about it or mentioned it at all, I called the doctors about it after seeing it in the news etc.

No one contacted me hun! I rang the surgery and asked to speak to nurse then I got it done a week later or so. I was 12 +4 !! X

It wasn't mentioned to me either, I asked MW on Monday and she said she couldn't recommend it highly enough (why didn't she mention it before I asked then?!) I made an appointment there and then and had it done today. I stand by anyone who makes the decision not to have it but feel I've made the best decision for me :)

they offered it me when i was at the hospital for anti natal appointment yesterday word of warning your arm will ache for about a day after having it like it does after having travel vaccines

I was recommended it when I went to my first midwife appointment, but us already had it the week before!

My 16 week midwife apointment they sent me staright in to get it x

I had mine done today, im 13+2 i think, still not had scan!! I was told to get it by midwife in my appointment letter. x

im just on the phone to see if i can have mine done

i want my little boy to have it as well hes 2 but got asma - and did you know which i did it only last 12 months

im booked in 24th jan me an ly lil lad x x

My Midwife asked about mine at my booking appt but I've already had mine at work. Then the Nurse from my Doctor's surgery rang me up on Monday to ask if I'd had it as she was ringing round all the pregnant patients to offer them it.

My doc called me up but I told her I already got it in October due to having Asthma

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back