• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Swimming

jennifer1981

Reaction score
Im psyching myself up to take Dylan swimming... :? (he is a handful when i take him anywhere!) Im just wondering....

Where did you get your LO's swim pants from? Iv looked everywhere and cant find any :wall: Iv managed to get hold of a swim nappy but i thought you also had to have a pair of pants too?

Also when you've finished swimming is there generally a place for you to put LO when you get dressed? e.g. a changing table or something? I have visions of trying to get ready whilst trying to hold onto him.

And also.... do you have a shower with LO to rinse the chlorine off or leave it until you get back and just bath him?

A swimming nappy should be fine. This time of year the actual bottoms are hard to get hold of but Little Swimmers are good.

Our swimming pool have a little play pen to put them in while getting dressed. I'm sure most places should.

I quickly dipped in the shower as the pool where i went was ridiculously cold. I needed to warm her up. Then just gave her a bath later.

We got a Floaties aquanappy from TK Maxx. Other than that she wears a Babywarma neoprene suit to keep her warm - she stays toasty and would stay in the pool for hours if we let her! Mothercare have a good selection of those. By swim pants do you mean swimming trunks? It's not really necessary, totally up to you, but obviously if the pool is a bit cooler he will get cold quicker without than if he had some sort of suit on.

The pool we go to has family cubicles that can fit more than one person and each has a changing table with a safety strap. At busier periods you sometimes have to wait a while for one. I always take Becky in the shower with me after swimming - she loves the shower and chlorine makes my sensitive skin itch so I wouldn't want it to do the same to her.

Zoggs do reusable nappies, tesco do the huggies and their own disposable ones.

I take Finlay in the shower with me too ;)

I got some from Tesco last week. They had little swimmers and their own brand.

Oh there is a swim range that do reusable nappies called Konfidence. I've just got the wee man a wee wet suit ;)

I've still to take Aimee swimming but I've bought x-small little swimmers nappies from huggies. My HV said that all swimming pools should have a family changing room that have a table to put the baby in. Also she told me that when I take Aimee swimming to wrap her up in a big warm towel and get myself dried and dressed first so that I am not dripping wet and shaking while trying to get Aimee dried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back