First time swimming

beckyboo1

Reaction score
So I plan to take Harry swimming very soon and I'd like a bit of advice of what I need to do/take so that I'm prepared

All I have so far is some of those little huggies swim pants.

Is it worth buying a body suit thing?

Bit lost with boys as the shops all seem to do baby girl swimming stuff but not boys!

Extra towels!!! The swim nappy made G's towel wet really quick and she was cold when we got out (loved the pool), but I think I'd is been able to dry her a bit, then wrap her in a different dry one she'd have been a lot happier. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Take someone with you!!!

Lol. I almost had a nervous breakdown last thursday trying to get the baby ready and me dry. Didn't help they only had one cubicle with a baby changer in it.

Take 2 towels and buy your float from poundstretcher and not the pool lol

Ooh hadn't even thought about a float. This is why I need you guys!!

Ooh hadn't even thought about a float. This is why I need you guys!!

hey hun

you dont atually need a float as i used to do parent and toddler session at my local pool and they recommend just holding baby in water without a float and to even dunk them (scary i know) but my 4 year old has absolutely no fear of water now and loves swimming and never used a float and was dunked on every session :) xx

I would say a second pair of hands is worth its weight in gold if u can get someone to come with u! I havent dared go on my own yet with him- hats off to anyone that manages it!
I got Ethan an all in one swimsuit that zips at the back. I think it keeps him warmer than just trunks. He did have a top and shorts set but it was crap so I took it back- it go annoying pulling the top down all the time.
I always take 2 towels for ethan and one for me. I take his hooded towel pool side to wrap round him when we get out and then lay a big towel on the changing table in the cubicle to wrap round him once he's naked.
I give him a drink and a snack once he's changed whilst I get changed (this is where 2nd person comes in v handy- they get to hold them while u get changed!!).

Hope it goes well for u hun and that LO enjoys it :)

BTW anyone know what age it is they lose the reflex not to breathe under water?? I have thought about dunking but am too scared and didnt know if he is too old now?? xx

Theo hated the water, I have bought him a proper wet suit from waterbabies for £20, it's called a snug and now he doesn't cry in the water at all, he loves it! It keeps him dry and so warm too! I'd def recommend getting one xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back