Swimming

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Lou, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

Hi

We want to take Isaac swimming but have no clue what we need to put on him?!! lol

I know there are special nappies for swimming but what do I put on him floaty wise????? Arm bands? rubber ring? One of them swim suits with the floaty lumps in them? or do I just hold him?

I have no idea...! Please advise :)

Lou

2. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

I really wana take jamie swimming too, also wondered about the questions you asked! i saw baby armbands in tescos for about 3.99.

Im quite nervous about taking him thou as i dont know how he is going to react!!! i have visions of getting in the pool and him screaming the place down!!!!! lol

3. Guest

were not taking any thing, as im taking alana to a special aqua tots swimming club, where they train baby to take advantage of their reflex for holding breath and let them swim un aided under water. like a proper water baby, look in your yellow pages as there are quite a few clubs that do it or look on www.aquatots.co.uk

4. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

Have been taking Dom since he was 3 months. Dom wears a floatie, it's a special pair of pants that keep things in and they are reusable.

I sits in an inflatable chair, which is like a rubber ring but with holes to stick his feet is, so he is fully supported and bobs along.

5. lauramumof2

lauramumof2 Well-Known Member

Hiya Lou,
    At this stage I would get a floatie (your pool might have them available) but take baby in the water in arms first (sorry if im stating the obvious). If baby has a favourite bath toy you could take that too.

Our pool runs water confidence classes which are for wee babies and or up to 3 years. The only thing about ours is that Jess is the oldest at 19 months and is hellbent in not doing a thing she is told by the instructor. She is too water confident and wants to do her own thing.

I hope your first swim goes well!

Laura

6. Lou

Lou Well-Known Member

We still havent taken him! He has been to Nonsuch park a few times and today we fed a squirrel that had no ears or tail! How weird lol

I will post as soon as we have been swimming and let you know how it went. I know Isaac will like it. He loved me having a bath when I was pregnant and he loves his bath time before bed.

Lou :)