swimming

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by kirsty, Apr 10, 2005.

1. kirsty

kirsty Member

my baby is due on july 21st, and im due to go on holiday in August! i pressume this is to early for her to go swimming. any ideas on a good time to introduce her to the pool?

2. Urchin

Urchin Well-Known Member

They say the best time is after their first lot of immunisations.

I would be very wary of taking a new baby into a holiday-resort pool, as it's anyone's guess how clean the water would be.

3. AmberNicole

AmberNicole Well-Known Member

I've heard the same thing about waiting for their immunizations, but I don't think they deem it necessary to wait anymore because that was back when polio was being spread. I personally don't plan on taking my baby into a pool until she's around 2 months old, and even then it won't be a public one.

4. Tooninmiami

Tooninmiami New Member

Hi,

I took both my babies swimming as soon as able. This was when they had recieved the first round of injections.I think they were about six weeks old but I can't be sure.I would call your health clinic and ask to speak to one of the health visitors (im assuming you are in UK). They will be able to inform you correctly.Enjoy your holiday.