swimming

JoS

Reaction score
When did you first take your LO swimming? I'm really keen to go but he is only 2 weeks old, is this too young ?and how do I know if the pool is warm enough?

I think u do have to wait till after first lot of injections at least xx

I think i would wait till 6 weeks tbh, esp as its not even summer so leaving the leisure centre could be quite chilly too.

If i was you id aim to go start of june :)

pools are cold because of hygiene reasons so even tho babies cold, its better. they can get warmed up in showers after, so temp of pool i wudnt really worry too much about . im pretty sure babies adjust quicker too prob cos theyre so small. Aren't you supposed to get most of their body wet straight as soon as u go in so they regulate??

I dont know enough on this lol, we take kids swimming in school and they're usually colder LEAVING the pool. lol xx

I have waited till AJ is a couple of months old only because I was worried because of the pool temp and him getting cold plus he has other problems which are only settling now. You do not have to wait anymore for injections because of the chemical health and safety rules and regs kill anything. I am taking Aj in a couple of weeks and thoroughly looking forward to it. xx

U used to have to wait til first injections but that is no longer the case. However personally I wouldn't take lo into pool before then. Just would feel safer. As for being warm enough - keep baby close to u first few times and don't stay in very long - mayb 10/15 mins to start with.

I know I haven't had baby yet but I work in a leisure centre lol

Am going on sunday and my LO is 13 weeks xxx

its not necersary to wait until their first jabs any more but def wait until baby can hold their head themselves and the warmer weather as is a it nippy to take baby swimming xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back