Swimming with baby

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Have joind a mum and baby group...in a fe weeks we are taking babies swimming.

I thought Ruby would have to wait for jabs before going, but HV said I dont have to?

What will she wear, I was going to get a full costume for her but does she wear a nappy under it?

Sorry if I sound thick!!!??? :oops:

If you are planning on going swimming often - just buy reussable swim nappy. This is what both son and daughter wore to go swimming. I didn't bother then with a costume for either of them. Bought daughter first costume when she was about 1 years old.

If you want to wear costume unless it has a nappy thing in it you need to buy swim nappies - I think Huggies do some.

when i have taken mine as babies i have just bought one of those waterproof nappies and taken them in that and that only. but you can get some really nice swim suits if you want but i reckon its a watse of money for the time they wear them :)

my hv said that baby's can go swimming as soon as they have had there 1st jab... also when i took keeley swimmin i brought a swimming cossie with a bulit in nappy from mothercare for £9.99 as keeley was too small for huggies little swimmers
hope that helps xx

ps you will have fun when i went it was very good :D

I am worried mine gets the water in her eyes and it stings her. When I used to go to the baths with school we all used to be sat on the bus afterwards with streaming bright red eyes! Have things improved or do you have to be dead careful with baba?

I use a swim nappy and have got a couple of really lovely brand new swim suits of ebay for a couple of pounds :D

Lyndsey said:
I have just been looking at these and think I may invest!!!

http://www.splashabout.isometriq.net/ca ... ry=1&id=62

They look really cool, but there's no built in nappy which means you'd either have to use 'little swimmers' or a washable swim nappy underneath the wrap?

I already have Maia booked on swimming lessons to start at 3 months and I don't think 'little swimmers' come that small?

Answer found on the site FAQ!

Q.
Would you recommend buying the BabyWrap or the BabySnug to keep a baby warm? And should we use a Happy Nappy underneath?

A.
Personally (and I designed them) I would go for the BabyWrap as it is thicker, opens flat, so easier to put on and more adjustable. However, some people like the smaller lighter fit of the snug and the arms - I don't think the arms are needed on most active babies as they are constantly moving them and keeping them warm. If a baby is frail or small for his age it is an ideal product though. You do need the nappy with the BabyWrap but not with the BabySnug.

Hi guys,

god its been such a long time since I have been on the site, been really busy.

anyways.

I started my little one swimming when he is only 5 weeks old and it is completely safe as long as you go to a good pool with a good temperature. for more information you should visit www.waterbabies.co.uk. there is helpful info on there, this club I actually joined and attended classes but they give really helpful information too.

V11kae

Hiya

I've moved this to the "First Year: General Discussion" as "Ask a mom" is meant to be more for pregnant moms questions.

:)

Hi

With Kiara when she was younger in the summer we just had her in her regular diapers, in my dads blow up pool but now when we take her we buy the swimming ones . :)
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back