Swimming Cozzies for Baby

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
:doh: Swim nappy on it's own or under a swimming costume!?!

:shakehead: Don't want any leaks in the pool thanks :lol:

sorry to hijack.

I might sound stupid but do they wear a normal nappy under swim nappy???????

When Keeley was a little baby i found a swimming cossie with a built in nappy easier as i could never find swimming nappies in her size :?

We never had any leaks... and no you don't use a normal nappy under the swimming nappy :)

I just got a swim nappy from mothercare and thats all my baby wears when she goes swimming. Its a little pink one from 3-6 months and thats all she needs. She hasn't had an accident yet.

we were huggies or tesco own swim nappies ( huggies now do xs size ) under a all in one sunsuit/swim suit . infact he wears two but thats cos how swimming pool isnt the warmest it could be !

james used to just wear a swim nappy, they grow too fast to be bothering with costumes. dont put a normal nappy on too, it will disintergrate

at what age can they go swimming? is the chlorine harsh on their skin?
i never took james till he was about 1 I think, that was really old for his first time :think:

my costums cost £5 to £7 from matalan and will last a while !

we went from 10 weeks i think :think:

So if people are recommending just the swim nappy how is my little girl ever going to wear the Hello Kitty swimming costume I got on Ebay?! :rotfl:

We use one of these under alices swimming cossie. You can buy little girls cossies with one built in.

i think they can go swimming from day one :think:

(jade, ive got a red and white dotty cossie evie can have if she wants? alice has worn it a handful of times (always with a swimming nappy on). i think it would swamp her at the moment, but the rate she is growing it won't be long!)

I used to pop a swimwear nappy on Stephen, but with imogen i pop a swim nappy on and a swimsuit too.

We've bought a reuseable swim nappy (Splash about swim nappy) as we were worried about the disposables being too big. Don't want any accidents :rotfl:

I have bought her a swimsuit to go over the top, took me about 3 days to find a 0-3 one!! Finally got one in mothercare.

We are taking her next week, if we find she gets cold we are going to get her one of the baby wrap wetsuit things from ebay (£13 inc postage). We also bought her the floaties swim boat seat thing from argos.

She loves her baths, so hopefully she'll love swimming too!

swim nappy (no normal nappy) and swimming costume over top.

MY SWIMMING TIP FOR BABY GIRLS:
take the costume off while still in the water just before u get out. it slips off more easily- i found that wet costumes stick to skin and pulling it off on dry land drags on their skin and causes waa's! its much easier to get off under water. stuff the babys costume down ur cleavage, dont hang it by straps on ur arm coz might catch on something and cause u to slip with baby in ur arms!

i recommend the huggies swim pants- coz u can just tear them off down the sides- so as said above they dont drag on wet skin.

oh, and prepare to shiver freezin ur tits off while u sort baby out and ur drippin wet, and prepare to have to dry urself with towels soaked in baby piss once or twice! :lol:

I uses huggies little swimmers and damon has swimming shorts and callum as an all in one thing a bit like a wetsuit

Gemma & Jake said:
www.splashabout.net for Happy Nappy swimsuits. You can still put a disposable swim nappy underneath if you want for extra protection.

this is what we do - he wears the splashabout wetsuit to keep him warm, with a huggies swim nappy underneath for extra safety. the swim nappies say something silly like 'from 16lbs' on them, but connor's not even 12lbs and they fit ok. :) :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back