Swimming before Jabs?

Chezza

Reaction score
Evening Ladies :wave:

I keep reading conflicting information about taking newborns swimming...NHS website says it is fine at any age - even before jabs...couple of friends are saying no don't do it...one midwife said it was fine, the other one said wait til after 8 weeks...

We'd love to take J swimming tmrw - does anyone know of any reason why we cant?

Thank you :) xx

We took B from 4 weeks and he is fine! It used to be because of the risk of polio but its not a high risk anymore so its ok to go when you want x

Enjoy if you do decide to go :) have you got a water camera??

Sorry cant give you advice if safe or not as I don't know, annoying when different midwifes give different answers! Could you call your doctor and see what advice he/she gives?

I'd go for it hun.

If it wasn't safe the MW would have told you not to take him until all the jabs were done (at 16w)

We've not taken James due to his skin and I feel so sad about it

xxxxxxxx

it's perfectly fine, enjoy your swim session!

Yay!! Thanks ladies...cant wait now :) xxx

Yeah, the 'not before jabs' is out dated advice and relates specifically to risk of polio. Your good to go whenever you want. X

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Just check Chezza I read no swimming for me till 12 weeks because of section :(

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot...didn't even think of my c sect?? Hmmm...well I've stopped bleeding and my scar is healing nicely...? Can't find anything helpful on the nhs website though?!? xxx

Can't remember where I saw it or if mw told me, mines completely healed from the outside not sure whether to risk it really want to take munchkin swimming

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you are just walking in the water, holding baby you will be fine :) and enjoy it!

My baby has been swimming since he was two weeks old, we live in the tropics and have our own pool, it is 34c here every day. Everyone has their baby in the pool all the time!

As long as you are just walking in the water, holding baby you will be fine :) and enjoy it!

My baby has been swimming since he was two weeks old, we live in the tropics and have our own pool, it is 34c here every day. Everyone has their baby in the pool all the time!

First word that came into my mind after reading your post...... Jelouse! Lol x

I have been taking Max swimming since he was 5 weeks old
and he's fine. My HV told me that you don't need to wait until jabs are done xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27