Poorly Little Lady - any ideas??

Cazza

Reaction score
Romilly had her 16 week jabs last Friday and was as expected a little out of sorts for a couple of days. Calpol was our best friend!!

Sunday she began not taking a whole bottle and Monday the same again and quite quiet.

I took her to the Dr's Tuesday as she had only drunk 150ml's of milk all day and after a thorough examination he said he wasn't worried about her. No temp, no rash, not dehydrated, no obvious signs probably a reaction to the jabs. She had a dirty nappy that evening which was a relief as she han't had one since Sunday.

Yesterday she was a little brighter, drunk almost a full bottle twice, but again today she's not drinking much and grizzly.

When you give her a bottle she grabs it and shoves it in her mouth like she's desperate, then after 10-20mls spits it out and grizzles.

I have absolutely no idea now whats going on, she's trying hard to be cheerful but she's not herself.

Any ideas.............ladies please!!

Do you think she could be teething? I know it puts them off their food and she may be grabbing the bottle to try soothe her gums?? I'm not sure! StAnley cut his first tooth at 17 weeks so it could be? Also is it hot where you are? Stanley is not having much at all at the moment!

I know it's so hard as you just can't tell and you just want to help them! But if Doctor isn't overly concerne I'd keep doing what you're doing and she will take what she needs x

Have you tried giving the milk quite cooled down? It would help if she is teething but also its quite hot, Charlie hasn't had much milk today prob 2 out of his usual 4 as he's been more interested in water and juice cause of the heat x

Well she's still not 100% but much better, must have been a combination of the jabs and the heat.

However she absolutely scoffed some Baby porridge today!!

Was just going to say it might b the heat ! Rhea has been the same only took just over half of u bedtime feed so I will b up early ?!!! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back