swelling...

titch

Reaction score
...it got me! :wall2:

Just looked down at my feet and realised that they were swollen, asked OH if i was imagining it and he looked horrified at them!!! I saw the midwife this morning and told her that I hadnt had any swelling :roll:

I can actually feel the pressure in them. I put them in a bowl of cold water and now theyre up on the sofa. OH decided Ive been on my feet too much, wonder whether he'll do the hoovering after dinner for me :oooo:

Anyone got any tips to keep the swelling down?!

Get those feet up hun, above the level of your heart. If they're still up by bedtime put them up on 2 pillows at the end of the bed.

Now if they're still up by the morning (which they shouldn't be if its just normal pg/heat swelling) ring your MW straight away. You're coming up to the time Pre eclampsia might rear its ugly mug so don't ignore it..xx

thanks hun, I had my BP taken this morning and it was low; 100 over 89 I think, so I doubt its preclampsia, but will ring her in the morning to check it out if I need to.

Oh hun, I sympathise with you so much. Last pregnancy I had so much swelling it was intolerable and very painful, I couldnt wear shoes only flip flops. I can only suggest getting your feet up too, also drink more water if you're not getting enough as that can help to 'flush' it. When the weather cools down you might find some relief from it xx

Hi honey, i'm the same, it got me yesterday and i was awake on and off all night with swollen hands and feet. My feet have gone very very swollen again today and are elevated. Happened to have MW appointment this morning, and my bp etc all fine, she thinks its just the stage of pregnancy and the heat and wasn't concerned. Hope you feel better soon, i'm so uncomfy and grumpy its unreal. Baby's heads engaged though and he's measuring spot on for his weeks so thats cheered me up xx

Poor you, hope the swelling eases soon x

oh no! Just make sure you keep your feet up whenever you can and soak them in cold water (like you have been doing!)

I have just been to town today to get some new shoes as mine swell up badly at work (im on my feet all day). Needed some with a bit of extra give in them. Had to get a size bloody 10!!! EEK xxx

I'm the same too - had to take my wedding ring off as was worried it would get stuck over next few weeks. Ladies have given the advice can't think if anything else but i certainly don't think this heat is helping!

Thanks guys, nice to hear Im not alone!! And Katie, it hasnt got my hands, poor you! Glad to hear everything is moving nicely for you though. RM, I will be drinking more water!

Took my shoes off after work and had a huge imprint where my shoe was and my feet had swollen around it...mmm....sexy lady! I remember my grans feet always doing that!

I spoke to the midwife, she wasnt concerened either cos on monday I had low BP and no protien in my urine. She told me if I develop a headache or blurry vision I should go straight to hospital. Theyve gone down now Ive put my feet up...literally!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back