Sweep today!

Minchin

Reaction score
Wish me luck ladies! Have a sweep at 3ish today...little bit worried about it but really really hope it starts something off! I also now from reading hon here that sometimes the cervix isn't favourable and it can't be done...so crossing my fingers! I am 40 + 5 today and really really really want to meet our little boy soon!!!! :)

...will let you know how it goes....

Ooooh good luck- well it worked really well for Number2 so hopefully it'll do the same for you. xx

Hey there...
No go with the sweep:eh: and it really really really hurt! Probably cos wasn't ready for it and she was feeling around LOADS! a lovely midwife though and I just wanted it to work so took the pain! Cervix is very posterior.

They also missed something on my notes about booking in...a family member died young of brain anurism and apparently I should have seen a consultant about this during pregnancy (BIT LATE NOW AM 40+5!!) so have to see consultant tomorrow am,..know they are just covering their backs and nothing will come of it, whole pregnancy been fine. So feeling bit disappointd and tender. Have had a little cry! Think I got my hopes up too much...more waiting now!!

aww big hugs..

lets hope something starts happening soon x

All fine with consultant- midwife overreacting it seems and have nothing to worry about.
Induction booked for next Thursday if he doesn't come before then. Good to havea date, feel much more relaxed now :):):)

Goodluck hun....will have everything crossed...keep us updated :) xxxx

Went into the hospital today to be monitored as I thought I had lost some fluid. Turns out it was nothing but they ended up giving me a sweep and it didn't hurt anything like as much as Thursday. Apparently my cervix is posteria but not as bad as it was, and it is soft, which is good news. They also gave me a scan and little man is well and head down, front to back, so all in all a good day for me! Fingers crossed something happens soon!!

oooooo fingers crossed then!!

How come they ended up givin you a scan?

It was my second sweep that set things off with my first, the day after i had it i had my bloody show!! Soo fingers crossed for you eh, bein overdue is tortureeee!

Xx

They wern't totally sure he was head down as apparently has a bony bottom! So they wanted to do a quick scan to check. He was head down anyway, not sure if I would have been able to control my anger if he was breech and they had got it wrong for so long...! Was a very quick scan but nice to see him again! So hope somehting starts soon...the doctor was so lovely who scanned us, and the midwife, very reassuring to know that great care lies in store for us. Doctor told us to have hot curry, hot sex and hot bath! :)

Oh my gosh - you sound like me!! Haha, my midwife isnt sure either
(which has me slightly worried :-\) She said she ''thinks'' hes head down as its slightly narrower, yet im not even engaged!?

Has your bubs engaged yet? They've been refusing sweeps for me because hes not engaged, but iv been hearing all over that ladies have been given sweeps regardless of what stage they are engaged at!! bloody hell!

Not fully engaged but partially (get confused with numbers of it-2/5 I think last time). So pleased they managed the sweep yesterday but of course got all exctied and nothing yet...although hasn;t been 24 hours yet. Went to bed and dreamt all night of contractions!! Hoped ot be woken up in pain but nothing! :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back