Swearing

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
I'm not a person who swears in my "everyday life"

However ...

When I hurt myself, I pretty much get tourettes :blush: :censored:

I just bent my thumbnail backwards getting my pyrex dish out of the cupboard ... it hurt like a mofo ... and I said something along the lines of "c**t, f**k, T**t, *ba****d face" (dunno why face was added at the end)

DH had a pop at me about the swearing and being a bad mummy, and I feel quite quilty. Though when he hurt himself the other day he said "sh*t, f*ck and s*it" again ... it made me giggle so much!

Anyone thinking they will need to retrain their potty mouth, or have done it ... and how?

I don't want to be a bad mummy :cry:

I have sworn a couple of times, then feel dead guilty. While LO is still in there i figure they probably don't understand! Once they're here i think i will find it easier to stop swearing. I work with children so as soon as i'm around them i just naturally stop swearing, hopefully that'll help!

I've sworn a good few times and always feel bad after too. I can't abide people swearing around children so will not be having any swearing around my baby.

I think it'll be much easier when baby arrives, I've never sworn in front of my nephews, something kicks in and u just don't do it so don't beat urself up about it :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

this is something i have to work on lol x

I don't swear much but OH has a foul mouth and I have already started pulling him up on it.

I am the same with my nephews, I never swear in front of them! I also still barely swear in front of my parents :shock:

I do often have a little swear in the office, maybe a few times a week I'll let rip - normally when my manager steps out for a second. I am working on that!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I've had to pull my OH up on his swearing as he does is without realising and I really don't want that around our child. I've started charging him £1 a swear word and the money goes into the baby's money box, he's going to have quite a trust fund soon :) xxx

I've had to pull my OH up on his swearing as he does is without realising and I really don't want that around our child. I've started charging him £1 a swear word and the money goes into the baby's money box, he's going to have quite a trust fund soon :) xxx

Lol that's such a good idea! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

If I stubbed my toe i'd end up poor! I'm so accident prone :lol:

Agree it will be much easier when peanut is here as I don't swear in front of kids! Though sometimes forget the kitchen window is open when I inevitably burn my hand or similar :blush:

I'm around boys all day who swear like nothing normal ... In a job where swearing is just normal :shock: maybe being away from
Work will help too?

Please excuse any typos from
My fat fingers!

Everyone told me it was a surprise K didn't come out swearing :blush: I don't even realise I'm doing it half the time! Although I've reigned it right in now and it's only on the very rare occasions where you just *have* to swear that I do! Unless the kids aren't around :lol: it did tale me a really long time to sort it tho, but I was living in an area where swear words are just a normal part of language!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back