Swaddling

poppy160

Reaction score
I swaddle Ella to help her sleep at night, we've been using a regular white blankets with holes so it's breathable. Is this safe? She is growing out of this blanket..her legs stick out :lol: would it be okay to buy a cellular blanket or does it have to be a proper swaddle blanket?

I never swaddled Lola as she didn't like it but i always thought you was meant to use cellular blankets.

I never knew there were guidleines on swaddling tbh...I use anything thats to hand, blankets, sheets, fleece. If we are visiting and don't have a blanket, I have been known to use a coat or a towel.

They lie still when they are swaddled so surely it doesn't matter what is used.... :think:

I was told that you shouldn't do it as baby can over heat, the way they cool down it lifting their arms up and they can't do that when swaddled. My m/w said it increases the risk of cot death :(

I used Dylan's shawl to swaddle him when he was younger - you don't need to buy special swaddle blankets....that's just a way to get us mums to spend more money xx

Like some of the others we used whatever was around to swaddle Grace......... did this until she was about 4 months old..... then put her into a grobag......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back