Swab results

Hey, I had this in my last pregnancy. It really nothing to worry about like the others said the important thing is knowing that you have it. I still can't believe they don't routinely test for it. I didn't have antibiotics during pregnancy because they said it will just come back.

I had the antibiotics during labour through an IV drip and as long as you have them at least 4 hours before the birth it will be fine.

The only down side for me was in most hospitals they then consider you high fish which means you can't deliver in the birthing unit. However I was lucky enough to find a hospital that would let me and transferred myself there. It obviously depends on your birth plan as that might not bother you anyway.

Sorry for the essay but hth. Xxx

My sister had this, I don't know much but she had a completely natural water birth so speak to your mw. The only thing was they kept lo in for a couple of days to check he was ok. Which he was

hey I have this too, had it when I had my son, however they didn't get results until afterhe was born, so had to stay in observation to check he was ok, which thank god he was. Spoke to my midwife and she has put me high risk for this pregnancy, wont give me penicillin as it doesn't cause a risk until labour and in my area not certain they will give you the antibiotics by drip...all a bit rubbish but im seeing the consultant soon so shall see what she says. Don't worry about it though I asked if could cause mc and my doc said not not at all.

Glad to hear your hormones levels are looking good Sophie! :) x

Hormone levels were 62 on the Thursday and 363 on the Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back