Sure Start Maternity Grant

Lewis'mummy

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we wouldbe entitled to the Sure Start Maternity Grant. I have had a look at requirements and the only one we meet is that we get a higher rate of child tax credit. We get the higher rate for our ds' nursery fees. Does this still mean we are entitled to it?? Its confusing!! :roll:

Sounds like you are hun. Just apply, the worst they can say is no. There is a misconception that you have to be on benefits to get it and thats not true. You do have to meet certain income criteria but they will let you know.

Cheers
Laura

I used to work for them, and I always say fill in the form as you never know. Let them make the decision!!!
xx

I am confused about this also apparantly you can claim it after the baby is born if you work?

no u dont have to be single to get it, they told me we can get it as we get more tax credits then the family rate

Yeah the basic family rate is something like £542, if you get more than that you are entitled to it.
It works out for us that after baby is born we will be entitled to it, so I have to wait until after, then tell them about the baby any apply, whereas some people can get it earlier.

yeah we get the maximum rate tax credit some how, so im very excited to get the grant will help alot buying this new car

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back