Superstitions

MrsR

Reaction score
Ok so I'm a member of another forum (don't know why I bother as it's very cliquey and their very rude!) but a woman was asking about buying a pram and when she should get/order it and loads of people were like 'do NOT keep it in your house something bad will happen to baby!'. Now IMHO this is absolute rubbish! I believe if something is going to happen it will happen regardless of whether someone has a pram in their house or not! So what superstitions have you heard and do you believe them or not? x

My MIL actually came round to my house and took my pram for this reason, i was sooooo annoyed, i didn't get a choice and it is such a load of rubbish!

Mines at my nans because although I don't believe it I have no room for the pram at my house yet lol x

My MIL actually came round to my house and took my pram for this reason, i was sooooo annoyed, i didn't get a choice and it is such a load of rubbish!

Thats outrageous!

Omg zazu I agree with Rosie's mummy, how out of order! x I think that we have other things to think about and there's such alot that can make us worried that 'scaremongering' (great word! Love it!) is just unneeded and out of order! x

Don't have any regarding prams anyway. Nowadays you can't wait until the last minute or after the baby is born as you need to take loads of stuff with you to the hospital :)

Any superstitions are welcome! x

belief in superstistions is the only thing that will make you suceptible to them. So if you believe something will 'go wrong' because you have a pram in the house/break a mirror/open an umbrella indoors then your belief in that superstision will be what causes something to happen

which is why i put very little belief in any superstitions (apart from walking under ladders, because you dont know whats on top of them so its not superstition its just common sense ;) )

Yeah i have to say i have bought a pram but its not in the house! Makes me laugh though cos everything else is!!! Bought some drawers for babes stuff so will start washing and sorting at about 34 weeks.

Thats outrageous!

I took the pram back in the end because i changed my mind, have ordered a new one and when it comes it will be staying in my house :lol:. I'm not a supersticious person, but i wouldn't walk under a ladder or a signpost - OH thinks im wierd!

I wouldn't walk under a ladder simply because it's dangerous! Lol x that's about it x

We've not got the pram in the house...that's the only superstition she's bothered about. Plus she bought it so she likes to play about with it lol!

Everything else is here like the car seat, clothes, bouncer and cot x

Lol x one of the main reasons for us to have the pram in the house is so I can play with the pram!!! Lol x I can't help it

Haha! I'm the same! I keep going round to my Mums to play with ours! She's like "Oh, it's nice to see you!" and i'm straight to the spare room pulling pram apart and putting it back together!

What a sheltered life we must lead eh?! x

Lol! I definatly lead a sheltered life! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back