Pram or not?

Hope81

Reaction score
So we leave in Norway, outside of the city.
I was wondering earlier if it really worths it to get a pram or only a stroller and the travel system car seat for when the baby is tiny?
Due to bad weather and horrible wind here we don't really go for long walks especially during winter ( that's when the bean will be under 6 months)
So we usually limit during this time our walks to the city with the car at the mall for shopping etc or at a park if weather is brighter but never for more than 2 h per day really or even every day to actually need a pram?
I thought maybe I get the pram and the baby can nap in it in the living room or in the yard but we will have a travel cot in the living room for that purpose and sleeping in the yard during the winter it's just not going to happen probably??

What do you all think? Does it worth it to actually get the pram too? Or only stick to the stroller and travel system ?

Are you planning to get a sling or wrap? you might find you use that a lot if its just shorter walks in town etc

I only have travel system. , don't see the need in anything else no matter where you live, am I wierd lol? Cos baby can be in car seat bit, then when older he can be in the stroller part x

They say that they can't be on a car seat for more than 2 h per day. So I would imagine if you are in the city and out and about all day it would be more comfortable for the baby to sleep in a pram instead of a car seat

Yes dysco most definitely I am getting one of those to try for sure

Well in not rich I can't afford both

You can get some travel systems with the pram part for not much more than the ones with the car seat so personally I think they are worth it. They say lying flat until 6 months is vital for their spines? Also if you plan further children you may need pram then so the first can do future kids xx

It's true for lying flat but obviously can have them in the car seat too if not for long or every day for too long.
Unfortunately the prices here are skyrocketing on everything and getting the pram part of the travel system will be a considerable amount of money really.

I will be getting a carrycot aswell as a stroller so baby isnt in the car seat for too long as its not good for them but if your not going to get much use out of it then i would recommend a sling or something similar xxx

Omg 200 quid lol, I got my travel system second hand for 15 lol wish I could afford to spend loads on baby stuff 200 is like most of monthly income haha

Omg 200 quid lol, I got my travel system second hand for 15 lol wish I could afford to spend loads on baby stuff 200 is like most of monthly income haha

lol Ive been looking at ones around £1000, DH thinks its madness! lol xx

I didn't get a pram and I'm glad I didn't! I bought a bugaboo bee with maxi cosi car seat.

LO is 6 months and I started using the push chair part from four months, I still use the maxi cosi all the time ( going to the shops , mall etc) best idea I had during pregnancy!

My friends are all buying strollers now that LO is older and their prams are too clumpy for the shops.

Take it from one who braved it, buy a quality stroller and car seat !

X

Apologies for any typos!

There are lots of lovely buggies and prams out there to suit everyones budget. I have seen some fab second hand ones aswell as very reasonable new ones I dint plan o. Spending a fortune because it just won't get the use. Mine is this one
d4b780ea-8ebf-b269.jpg
it's 200 including delivery which for me is a good bargain. X

What about a silver cross 3d folds like a stroller but can have car seat and pram bit and they are relatively cheap compared to most travel systems. Also it doesn't tip over like a stroller can when you Put bags on it!

That looks really nice amyrose and not too hefty!

Apologies for any typos!

I LOVE that system Amyrose! Do you mind me asking where your buying it from? x

Unfortunately none of those are available here. We decided to get the Emmaljunga city cross. And it's bloody expensive...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back