• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Suddenly Refusing Savory!?

bethanyann

Reaction score
Eva has been weaning for a while now, and up until yesterday the only thing she has refused to eat is any puree with peppers in.

But yesterday she suddenly refused to eat anything savory. First two meals she wouldn't eat, I just assumed she wasn't hungry / was having a milk only day, but then on third meal I offered a fruit pot after her spitting out her savory a few times and she ate the lot in record time.

Today I could only get her to eat savory if I gave her a spoonful of fruit pot every few mouthfuls.

I don't understand why she is suddenly doing this, she normally has two savories and one sweet a day, and as I say, she has always loved it!

Do you think it could just be a phase?! Has anyone else experienced this?! Any advice would be SO appreciated, I don't want her to be a fussy eater :-(

Charley's doing the same. I was gonna stop all sweet so he starts eating the savoury again but I feel bad not giving him his fruit cos he loves it. Hopefully it's just a phase x.

amelia did this and i realised it was because her pureed veg was not runny enough and she was struggling to swallow it where fruit is quite wet anyway she eats it all fine now x

Isla does this when she wants to be in control of the spoon

Emma x

Just a thought but have you tried mixing fruit in with your savoury dishes? Apple with carrot, apricot with chicken, etc. You might find this works to 'trick' Eva into thinking it's fruit then you could gradually reduce the sweet stuff again. Hope it's just a phase though and it passes quickly. Good luck. Gx

my lo did this when we were in italy last week, so MIL mixed a bit of fruit into a home made meat & veg puree and he absolutely loved it!!! we did this for 2 days as he kept refusing point blank anything that wasnt sweet.

now that we are back home he seems to be ok, and has eaten savoury followed by sweet but i was reading on the HIPP site that sometimes its good to feed them something sweet such as fruit or yoghurt etc then give them the savoury... that way they dont get used or expect to have something sweet at the end of each meal if you get me!!

Thanks so much everyone! The night I posted this, Eva woke up with a really heavy cold, and I'm wondering if that was a bit to blame?! She's still pretty poorly and not really eating much food at all, but doesn't seem to be refusing savory quite as much as she was. Mixing a little fruit in with her savory is a great idea! Thanks so much for the help, will let you know how she gets on! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bwqdaa
Back