• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

stupid health visitor!

benjis mum

Reaction score
Joe has gained weight really slowly and sometimes nothing at all. I've been worried but health visitors wouldn't even talk about my concerns especially as Joe was so grumpy. They just. Said ebf is best keep going (i know its best but also know that some babies need help or something different)
Anyway because my return to work is fast approaching, I've been replacing a feed with a bottle, currently Joe has 3 bottles of formula a day. Got him weighed yesterday and he's gained a massive 13 oZ but stupid midwife decides to start worrying because he's dropped a centile on the graph. We looked at it and turns out his last 2 weights have been plotted wrong. Joes also had baby !cne since he was born which ive asked about and been told was normal, its nearly gone but hv decided to worry about it yesterday!
I felt because I told her I wasn't ebf (still doing about 4 breasffeeds a day) she was going to find things wrong. Oh so annoying!

Gah I flipping hate hv's they know shit, seriously I have a friend whos one its just a nurse with a title in my eyes. Sounds as tho shes very anti formula too....Is there anyone else you can see

I do think you should trust your body and your baby with the bfing. As long as you're not loosing.

HVs are so so crap I just seem to get fobbed, off constantly I get more from this forum! In fact my doctor yesterday asked If I'd thought about signing up to mumsnet lol!

I wanted proper advice from them with regards to introducing formula weeks ago but they just suggested I tried expressing and storing it for when I go back to work.

I wouldn't have managed to breastfeed sa long as I have if it wasn't support on here, I just find they don't really know anything and the ones in. my area are so pro-ebf they won't even have a proper conversation about alternatives.

I wanted proper advice from them with regards to introducing formula weeks ago but they just suggested I tried expressing and storing it for when I go back to work.

I wouldn't have managed to breastfeed sa long as I have if it wasn't support on here, I just find they don't really know anything and the ones in. my area are so pro-ebf they won't even have a proper conversation about alternatives.

Can we swap? I told then my LO wasn't sleeping and told to give then a ff bottle!!!!

When we first came home from hospital we gave him some ff bottles as I'd been in labour for 4 days etc so exhausted my midwife was happy with our choice of cow and gate. I think if you want to carry on partly bfing the best thing to do would be to bf at night (as that stimulates your supply) but if your worried about sleeping maybe your OH could give him the bedtime and morning bottle so u can go to bed early/lay in??

Haha it does make me laugh when everyone else hv seem to think formula is the answer except mine!

At the moment Joe is breastfeeding in the morning but taking up to 2hours which is fine cos I'm happy lazing in bed and enjoying. the closeness but obviously when I have to be at work for 8 that won't be practical so it will have to be evening and night feeds. But for a few more weeks we can both enjoy the long lazy morning feed a bit longer.

i go back to college this week so its kinda a good thing that Alyssa has part formula as it means my mum can look after her and i can keep to just doing 1 day a week of college for this year. i do morning bf at 7-8am then bottle around 11 alternate most feeds bf then ff. it means i bf about 4 times a day and some i have to top up after, generally the mid day one. i bf the 3am feed and then OH will finish her off with a bottle if shes still fussing just to sooth her to sleep, he winds and put her down so i can just bf and then go back to sleep. it stops me from getting too full and will stop my supply from completely drying up for a while at least i think. i couldnt express enough to feed her for the day so at this point i would have had to give her some formula anyway. my hv is perfectly happy with what im doing and the bf support group are fine with it too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back