Stupid Cough

Karate Kid

Reaction score
Bit of a pointless thread but I need to have a moan!!

For the past week I have had a stupid cough which has got progressively worse! To top it off every time I cough it creates massive discomfort around my belly.... after I finish coughing it feels like I have just done a ab work out!

Went to the doctor and he is as usless as a chocolate tea pot. He prescribed me antibiotics, which he doesn't want me to use for another week but he didn't want to trouble me by seeing me again!

I am absolutely exhausted from being up all night, and my boss has no compassion.... He isn't the easiest person to get on with any way, but we have an OK relationship. Since I told him about my pregnancy he has been so snappy and I know his feeling about females 'wasting there potential having children' (yes he has vocalised that before I fell pregnant). Just want to sleep, but I am at work.

I feel like I am always complaining to you ladies, so I apologise.... I just have no where else to winge!! xx

Last edited:
First of all :hugs:

I'm really sorry you've got a cough, its horrible and there is nothing you can really do or take but let it run its course. Working in an air conditioned office probably doesnt help much either.

The thing that really helped me when I had a cough was a humidifer at night. It pumps out cold steam (so doesnt ruin your furniture or flooring) I also added a karvol capsule to help decongest my chest. After 3 nights use I noticed a vast improvment and after a week my cough was much better. This was the one I got as it was virtually silent in the night http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4250344/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/Trail/searchtext%3EHUMIDIFER.htm

I suppose you're taking honey and lemon.

I completely understand about your boss, mine is the same he doesnt see why 'he should have to pay for someone elses baby' even though he doesnt offer any more than SMP.

I really hope it eases soon for you hunni xx

Last edited:
Awww thanks hun, I will pick one up on my way home, the local Argos have it in stock!

Taking honey and lemon and trying to position myself when I cough!

LOL my boss pretty much said the same thing another little gem from him is 'why do all the women around here get to work part time, can't there kids just be shoved in daycare?'.

I am sure I will be fighting fit soon, just having a rubbish week xx

I've nothing to add to this, but :hugs:I hope you feel better soon. x

Sorry to hear ur not too well :(
Hope u get it shifted soon x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Aaaw, you sound like you're having a rubbish time, but you've been given some good advice already. Hope you're feeling better soon and, if not, then moan away! Lol.
Also, it might help if your boss takes a chill pill! I don't take well to unsupportive people at work - I went into work yesterday feeling pretty awful with a virus and I was turned around and sent home by my caring colleagues, but not before one of them managed to roll her eyes and say 'Oh, she's got a bit of sickness, has she?' in a rather patronising manner. I snapped straight away and pointed out that it was no more than normal, but this was different as it was a sinus bug with a fever that my daughter had passed onto me . I was fuming - I haven't had one day sick (ok, I do only work part time) despite the sickness & nausea I've had since 5 weeks. I feel bad that I'm off sick today (no they don't pay me anyway) because I suppose my immune system wouldn't be so low if I wasn't pregnant, but there's just no need for snide comments.

Aaaw, you sound like you're having a rubbish time, but you've been given some good advice already. Hope you're feeling better soon and, if not, then moan away! Lol.
Also, it might help if your boss takes a chill pill! I don't take well to unsupportive people at work - I went into work yesterday feeling pretty awful with a virus and I was turned around and sent home by my caring colleagues, but not before one of them managed to roll her eyes and say 'Oh, she's got a bit of sickness, has she?' in a rather patronising manner. I snapped straight away and pointed out that it was no more than normal, but this was different as it was a sinus bug with a fever that my daughter had passed onto me . I was fuming - I haven't had one day sick (ok, I do only work part time) despite the sickness & nausea I've had since 5 weeks. I feel bad that I'm off sick today (no they don't pay me anyway) because I suppose my immune system wouldn't be so low if I wasn't pregnant, but there's just no need for snide comments.

It's annoying isn't it!? Even though I feel rubbish I feel guilty of even thinking about taking time off!! The snide coments are just un-called for. Hope you feel better soon hun x

I feel your pain, I had that bloody cough for over a week really bad, still have it a bit, but that week I hardly slept and had to sit at work for hours with matchsticks holding my eyes open. Don't worry about moaning, I'm always doing that at the moment! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back