Struggling with breast feeding.

Mum2betash

Reaction score
My baby is one week, one day old and the last few days has started to get really difficult to feed. I was doing so well but all of a sudden she has started being awkward. It's got to the point where I'm like fighting with her for half hour plus to get her to take my breast. Sometimes she will then just settle and feed but others she'll just keep coming off. Take this morning for example, it took me about 20mins to get her on and then she didn't even stay on for 10minutes! Today she just wasn't interested :-( its really starting to upset me and get me down because she cries and cries but when i try to Feed her she just won't let me. Last night I was in such a state- all I wanted was for her to eat something. I'm so worried she's not getting enough and I don't know what to do. Midwife hasn't been since Monday (when she was doinh great) I'm going to ask her to visit today but in the mean time I really need some help please. I just want to know my baby is getting enough milk. Thank you for any responses!!!! Xxxxx

Does she have wind? Maybe she's pulling away because if that?? X

Yes!!!! This happened to me, at about one week old. He took nearly one hour at one point to latch.
Are your breasts very hard and full? I find that this effects latch, maybe express a bit off first?
Have you eaten anything strong? I ate garlic once and he didn't like it and fussed.
Keep going, my lo has only done this a couple of times and it passes. I know it's frustrating though :hugs:
It is normal though xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back