Names

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Okay, what about names for our January babies?

In my family, the first born boy and girl are always given the names of the grandparents on either side as second names. My hubby and I have decided on Naomi Margaret Mary if it's a girl. We can't agree on a boy's name, though! We know that his second names will be Gilbert and Valentine - and I am thinking that he'll want a particularly simple first name with those two mouthfuls! Imagine repeating all that on your wedding day!

My father (well his name IS Valentine) has suggested Ross, Scott, Tyrone, and Malcolm. He likes Malcolm in the Middle. Weird. I like none of those names. Tyrone is about the worst.

I like: Ciarán, Finnian, Killian, Nathan, Joshua, Ben.

My husband - I think he was joking - suggested "Sorley" this morning. I think it depends on what he has for breakfast.

And another thing...what do you think of not wanting your child to have the same name as a relative? We would have seriously considered David and Ben but for the fact that the child, all going well, will have first cousins with those names.

What do you think?

Sue

Hi Sue

I was named after my older cousin and it's never been a problem - in fact no ones ever really mentioned it. I got to be 'Little Louise' which was great. Not so sure how 'Big Louise' felt about the big part. Especially as she's the lovely slim one!

Im so fussy wen it comes to pickin names, i associate them with everyone, my freind was listin off names foor me and i was goin cousins name, sistas name, friends name, that smelly girl i went to school with name. Lol. But i did eventualy settle on a girls name, Aneira (pron- ANN-EYE-RA). I have already got my boys name prepared have done for a long time, well it a choice of three actually and guess wot OH dont like none of em. Lol, i sed he can choose a middle name, no comparison i know, but im gonna big it up and make it sound like such a big deal about chosin a middle name, that he will feel special, oh and yeah if i domt like it no one has to know it. HEHEHE, aint i evil, lol :lol: :lol:

bec x x

boo boo, I think like you. If a person I didn't like has the name, then I don't want it, even if it's a lovely name!

I like Maeve, but nobody else does because she was a really evil woman in Irish legend. I like Maya, but my OH thinks it's a bit "new-agey"...We settled on Naomi because we both liked people with that name!

Sue

Dam it i never thought pickin a name would be so difficult, before i found out i was preg i had a million names picked out that i liked and was more than willin to name my baby, but wen u actually gotta choose a name it is so much harder, god i hope i think of one r, for days after the baby is born it will be the little bean sprout, lol

bec x x

At the moment we are struck on Eloise or Thomas.

Eloise was the Dh suggestion and Thomas was mine. I can't see us changing our minds any time soon.

so far we like ben (But bens are always the loud kids in school) & Corey but that rhymes with gorey! oh dear will find something we like

Corey is a lovely name, it's a pity you found the rhyme...there is actually a town in County Wexford called Gorey!

Are Bens always the loud kids? :shock: Well we won't be using that then :lol: !

so hard to find a nice name that is not related to some one else too many little boys around, taking up the names I like, like Daniel too but it will change I'm sure!!!

Everyone I have spoken too knows a noisey pain in the backside boy called Ben *sulks* asking for trouble then, also its initials will be BJ which in our area stands for something a bit ruder! Might have to go for star or reign bow ohh hulk! soo hard and I will need two names incase it does not look like one!

Cannot use:
Ross, Joseph,James, William, Jake, Alex, Nathan, Thomas, George, Adam, Richard, Robert, Peter, Michael, Jason, Mathew

So many names I like, but already have little boys with the names I Like! Second name is Jackson so any name suggestions appreicated, not too unusual and I like them to have a nice meaning too!

Hmmm Joshua might be nice. Or Simon? Scott?

I'm afraid that all my names have dried up suddenly and I can't think of a single one! Always the way :lol:

Sue

We have the same issues... I like he hates, he likes I hate.... The is is so difficult our surname is Brown so we both liked Charlie but I just couldnt see the poor thing been asked about Peanuts fot the rest of his/her life!!! My friend is 10 weeks behind me and already has both names picked, I thought it was just us been rubbish...thank god for this web page.

We've picked Alexander James for a boy, Eleanor Kathryn for a girl. We had Alexander James picked 8 years ago, for our son, but when he was born, decided he was a Callum.

Took us ages to agree on a girls name, I like old fashioned names, OH like cutesy names so I'll be calling her Eleanor, he'll call her Ellie, and just like the others, she'll get the works including surname when she's naughty!!

Tracy

What y'all think of Fergus?

Grandpa thinks he might be called "fergie" or "Gussie" but I don't think so.

Sue

Errrmmm not keen on Fergus 'sorry' abit too different Fergie is ok for a girl & Gussie is more boyie

Like TracyM's names, we already know a Alex so out of the running for us :( but he is cutie! Liked Ellie for a girl , but is rhymed with smelly and I had visions of the kids calling her smelly ellie (even thought she would smell lovely kids can be cruel)!

Steelers

I love Charlie for a boy or girl, but not with Brown! maybe you can go for something abit different, they say if you have a normal second name you can go abit different with the first name!

We decided on Aidan Michael. Michael is my older brothers name so im very happy with our decision i love the name yay!!!

Bobtheunfortunateone
How about Cameron or Connor?
initals C.J ??
If i think of any more I´ll let you know
Claudine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members