Stretchmarks: Pls help...

steffycastello

Reaction score
I am pregnant and want to know if anyone has had any luck with skin care for stopping stretchmarks? I have heard that some are not safe to use and can harm my baby but I am so confused by which ones are ok and actually work to prevent stretchmarks, as I happily grow into my 9 month bump!

cocoa butter is said to help but if your are going to get them they will come anyway, it just helpes to reduce them :D

palmers cocoa butter and bio oil- don't forget to do your boobs- I did and it's the only place I have them :doh:

TBH its all in the genes already. If you are predisposed, you'll get them no matter how much cream or lotion you slather on. Creams will help a bit but won't stop them appearing if they are going to.

If your mother had them, there is a good chance you will also.

I hardly put any cream on my bump and was HUGE but didn't get one single red stretch mark. Some silver ones but faint only.

Jade&Evie said:
palmers cocoa butter and bio oil- don't forget to do your boobs- I did and it's the only place I have them :doh:

same here!

I thought I had cracked it when I got to full term with only one stretch mark on my tum! Mine seemed to appear more as soon as the bump was away - loads appeared!! I really believe that if you're going to get them then you will no matter what!

Kim x x x x

I personally wouldnt waste your money.. as sherlock said its all in your genes. It all depends on how much elastin you have (i think thats right). If you are gonna get them then you are gonna get them. They fade in time so i shouldnt worry.. :hug:

Claire x

You may be surprised - I would never have believed you if you'd said to me before but after DD was born I loved my stretch marks!!! They looked like fantastic purple flames climbing from my legs to my belly! i am possibly the only woman ever to be sad that my stretch marks have faded :lol:

I used various creams and potions, none worked and I got horrendous stretchmarks, I agree that its genetics. However, I used Bio-oil after the birth, and it has really helped fade them. Good luck

But if your mum didnt get them dont be fooled that you wont either!! My mum never had a single mark with me so i thought id be ok to.........ummmm no im bloody covered in them!! :x

nutcase109 said:
I used various creams and potions, none worked and I got horrendous stretchmarks, I agree that its genetics. However, I used Bio-oil after the birth, and it has really helped fade them. Good luck

Mine faded really quickly with nothing so if like me you don't like the smell of bio oil you probably don't have to put up with it.

Totally agree it's down to genes. While I was pg I used stuff with vit E in it, really to relieve ichy/ strtechy discomfort, I got a few stretchmarks with both peeps, even with dd my tum only got 7 months of stretching with her.

tbh, I think if you are going to get stretch marks you'll get them regardless of what products you use. I used cocoa butter and by stomach is covered in them!
My belly is like a miniature mountain range!! :lol:

iu sed Boots own olive and neroli cream, loved it and really enjoyed rubbing bump. When i ran out i tried coco butter but brought me out in a rash so stopped using cream altogether.

Don't have any marks.

Sandi

Hey! Congrats on your pregnancy, I am 3 months pregnant and have had 8 girlfriends all use this product called belli skin care, Elasticity Belly Oil that helps to prevent stretchmarks. Their doctor told them it was the safest to use, then I saw it on a current affair the other night as well. I read up all about in on their website and it talks heaps about what is safe, really interesting. None of my friends got ANY stretchmarks at all and swear by this for stopping stretch marks. I have only just started using it but so far so good! I ordered all of their other skin care for pregnancy as well from www.belliskincare.com.au and LOVING it. Wish you all the best for the months ahead, we are together in the skin stretch J don’t forget to join the VIP thing on their site before you order, you get a discount that way, i forgot myself but definitely worth it you get 15% off. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back