Stretchmark Support group

-Cat-

Reaction score
Girls, dont feel alone in your scarey stretched skin, lets support each other and show your not alone out there with your monstrous purple lines.
Look at my belly!!!!
i1picture059.jpg

And whats this, yes it the backs of my knees!!! is there anywhere they wont go!
i1picture060.jpg

Hi Cat!!

So glad someone else has these!!!!
None of the pregnant models in Pregnancy and Birth mag have them!!! Wonder Why?!!
I went to see my midwife last week and she asked me to lay on the bed so that she could listen to Bubble's heartbeat. She isn't my normal midwife, although I don't seem to have a normal midwife!! Have seen 3 different ones so far!!
Anyway she lifted up my top and said 'Oh my stretch marks!!!' as if she'd never seen them before in her life!! I asked her if they were unusual and she said No!! I could have punched her!! OH was sitting there staring at me as if to say just relax and ignore her!!!
Although I am lucky because they haven't yet spread past my tummy and sides!!!
I will post some pics of my belly to join the club!!!

girls this post has made me feel so much better - i dont feel so alone now! :lol: i ill be posting my little streched body on here very soon..

None of the pregnant models in Pregnancy and Birth mag have them!!! Wonder Why?!!

because the photos have been airbrushed in Photoshop, that's why!!!!! digital photo retouching can work wonders! if you want wonders doing to your photos, i'll happily do it - will take all of 5 mins - sadly i can't do anything about real life - just the photos i'm afraid...

This is sooo much nicer than all those perfect tummy picture's on the other threads!!

I now feel totally ok about my road map tummy which I got with my first two and is sure to be rearing its ugly head any time very soon!!!

I seem to have a road map of britain printed on my bum cheeks already :roll:
Bye bye nice bum compliments!! :lol:

ive got them inbetween my bum cheeks!!! as well as the stomach.. and from bum to calf down the backs of my legs..

glad to hear others are just as depressed about this as i am.. i was prepared for the tummy ones (kinda like a certificate of meing a mum) but the leg ones really get me down

plus i have the added bonus that my twin sister-in-laws are models and one of them has a one year old! AND they have just been doin a shoot for extras in footballers wives and are goin to london this week for ANOTHER page three shoot! she has no marks.. no saggy skin.. and is bk in her size 6-8!!! makes me so mad :(

i will post a weekly pic of my belly after ive had the bubba.... we can all see how quick the sretch marks go.....

with my first pregnancy i had stretch marks that went from one side to teh other starting from under my belly button.

with my 2nd, i got them above my belly button.

my tummy was coverd in them and they were very thick, i was so upset.

so i have taken a pic of what my belly looks like now 5 years later, it didnt take 5 years for them to fade btw, it took in total just under a year id say

Picture34.jpg

now if you look closely, you can see silver trails of where my stretch marks are/were

altho the pic isnt very bright, you really dont notice them very much, so i just wanted to post this pic to re a sure people that they do fade! lol

xx

I've been so far very lucky on my belly, but have them on my bum and thighs. Don't know which is worse - a swimming costume hides the ones on the belly, but the ones on my thighs even show up when I'm wearing shorts :( .

Also having a cellulite party on my thighs/bum and now the top of my arms.

Please tell me breastfeeding will help me shrink back down

LBxx

PS - all your bumps are gorgeous!! And it's good to see how the stretch marks do fade after a year - thanks Layla!!

hey, was just wondering when everyone started getting stretch marks?
did they happen gradually or did some appear over night?

Vicky xx

dont think appeared over night but mine seemed to start with one big one that made me upset for days and everyone was like oh its only one! then all of a sudden i was covered! lol neva mins its like wearing a badge that says "im a mum" hehe :D

Ive got a question about stretchmarks too, i thought i had been really lucky so far,not a single stretchmark, but i have been told that they normally happen on the second child or after the birth?!?!!? just wondered if this is true or not?

Prob jinxed myself now and will get loads of stretchmarks everywhere :lol:

I am already a big stretch mark sufferer. I have got loads of scars in various places over my body from puberty. Even on the backs of my arms :?: :twisted:. Mine went practically invisible soon after I got them though, so hopefully that should put your mind at rest.

Anyway, because of this, I fully expect to get loads, and I have been preparing myself mentally for this, and hope to cope with it better than I did as a teenager.

My question is:- I have been literally smothering myself in various oils and creams every single day since I got my BFP and was wondering if I was wasting my time? I was wondering if you guys had been using anything, but still found them appearing.

I haven't got a major complex about it or anything, I was just wondering really?

To be honest, I never thought to put cream on my bum/thighs. I did get stretch marks there as a teenager. I've been putting cream on my belly and don't have any stretch marks yet - don't know if that helps?

But according to my mum, you're either predisposed to suffer or you're not - no amount of cream will help. Don't know how true that is.

LBxx

hey sarah,
i didnt get any stretch marks where i rubbed cream in to so im convinced the cream worked for me! i used cocoa butter throughout, the only place i got stretch marks was the only place where i didnt rub any cream in to.......... my bum!!!!! lol

Totally agree with your Mum - you'll either get them or you won't and there is nothing you can do to stop them if you do!! Sorry :?

Kerry said:
Totally agree with your Mum - you'll either get them or you won't and there is nothing you can do to stop them if you do!! Sorry :?

i agree with that also

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back