Stretchmark Support group

I started to use cream ages ago and then didn;t bother cos I didn't like feeling all oily. I haven't bothered since about 15 weeks and haven't got any anywhere at all so far. Watch this space though........................................... I think it is a case of if you are going to get them you will no matter what. I've read everywhere it's genetic but you never know. xxxxxxxxxx

I read that you normally do take after your mother but it's still best
to keep your skin hydrated.

which coca butter cream is everyone using? there seem to be alot of different types and i just wondered if any specific one was best.

emma1976: do you still get itchy even though you haven't got stretch marks?

Well I am still using all four different lotions and potions as they seem to really help re-hydrate my skin.

After a bath or a swim, the skin on my boobs and belly is quite itchy and I use olive oil and other things to stop it, so I am using oils more for that these days as I have mostly stopped worrying about the stretch mark thing.

I am using palmers cocoa butter oil, palmers cream, bio oil and extra virgin olive oil. Surprisingly the olive oil is my favourite at the moment. It has worked wonders on my itchy nipples :oops:

i've got some johnsons baby oil in gel form - has anyone tried that? i think it works quite well to stop itching but sometimes i get sick of the smell because it is a bit strong. it feels a bit greasy too as most oil based things do :roll:

Hi Tori Ella, it itches now and then but not very much at all.

I also used that baby oil in gel to start with then went to Palmers Cocoa Oil for a couple of weeks but both made me feel greasy and the cocoa oil made me a bit queasy as it was really sweet smelling as was still going through my morning sickness phase. My skin feels like it's going to stretch off altogether sometimes though.

I heard you follow your mum as well, my mum died when I was 11 so I can't ask her, I asked my sister though and she had very few I think. I have a few old white stretch marks from when I was living in ireland when I was younger and drinking a lot so put weight on but that's it at the moment. Can only see them slightly when I get a tan.

Hope it stays like it is though but I don't mind getting some really. I only worried when I was with the father that I would get them as didn't want to have the pi** taken out of me. No one to see my belly after now :) Besides, its a reminder of my little one.

Em xxxxx

NOT TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE....HOPEFULLY YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES, AS I THOUGHT I WOULD BE WITH MY FIRST SON. I WAS MARKFREE RIGHT UP UNTIL WEEK 38. I WAS SO UPSET TO GET THAT FAR. I WAS LUCKY THAT I ONLY GOT A FEW ON MY HIPS AND BELOW MY BELLYBUTTON, AND THEY FADED VERY VERY QUICKLY SO THAT NOW YOU CAN ONLY SEE THEM IF YOU LOOK FOR THEM. BUT I'M STILL HOPING THIS TIME AROUND THEY KEEP IN CHECK. GOOD LUCK! :wink:

THIS TOPICS MADE ME FEEL BETTER, THOUGHT I WAS A FREAK, ITS AWFUL TO SEE THESE CELEBS WITH PERFECT TUMMYS ETC BUT ITS ALL FAKE, JUST FEEL A BIT CRAPPY BUT HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GO, I GOT THEM ON THIGHS ABOUT 20 WEEKS THEN STOMACH DIDNT GET ANY TIL ABOUT 34 WEEKS THEY HAVENT SPREAD THAT HIGH YET THO JUST REALLY LOW DOWN STILL N ROUND HIPS BUT THATS WHERE I SEEM TO BE CARRYING AS MY BUMP IS REALLY SMALL, IF I HOLD POSTURE CORRECTLY AND WEAR NON TIGHT CLOTHES I JUST LOOK LIKE IVE PUT A BIT OF WEIGHT ON REALLY, BUT MY ASS IS HUUUUUUGGGGE!!!!! :? :shock:

Before you go investing in expensive creams hoping they will prevent them here are the scientific facts . . .

The skin is made up of 3 layers. ALL creams and oils only penetrate this top layer of skin as the molecules are not small enough to pass any deeper. If any claim they do they are lying!

Stretch marks occur on the second layer where the skin cells seperate due to not having enough elasticity THIS IS ENTIRELY GENETIC. And as thsi happens on the lower level of skin no amount of cream will prevent this.

However using creams and oils (in particular containing vitimins A & E) han help hydrate the skin and help it to fade and repair quicker as these vitamins also promote blood circulation in the skin and help healing.

Yu can also use retenol A cream which you can get on prescription to help fade stretch marks but it is not recomeded for use if breast feeding.

Yeah i read that too. When did yours first start cat? x

Hi Whirleegirrl, a few of the ladies a while back said on here that they didn't have any and then at about 36 weeks etc they just appeared so don't worry I am not expecting not to get any at all as I still have a fair few weeks for them to develop. Just waiting for that day. :) I'll be posting when I get them. Will be tomorrow morning now :)

XXXXxx

Hello all

My stretchmarks appeared at 36 weeks. Apparently, a lot of the celebrities opt for early caesareans to avoid the stretchmarks that come in that last month. And then they have a quick tummy tuck while they're still under the caesarean anaesthetic. How the other half live!!! :wink:

Boo

ToriElla said:
Yeah i read that too. When did yours first start cat? x

Well the ones on my hips andthighs appeared really quickly as they balloned in size really early in my pregnancy, they appeared over night at only about 20 weeks!

My bump was noticable quite early but stretchmarks didnt appear till 30something weeks.

The stretchmarks I have are all different though, the ones on my hips have already faded from red to a very pale silvery blue and are hardly visible already. the ones on the backs of my thighs look like angry insect bites, each very small but deep and dark red, where as the ones on my sotmach are at surface level not deep at all and look almost more like a rash, you cant distinguish individual lines even with most of them and they are bluey, silvery red. I dont think they will leave deep lines whenthey fade, I think I will just end up with a crepe textured tummy skin. (no more bikinis and tummy showing tops for me :( )

boo said:
Hello all

My stretchmarks appeared at 36 weeks. Apparently, a lot of the celebrities opt for early caesareans to avoid the stretchmarks that come in that last month. And then they have a quick tummy tuck while they're still under the caesarean anaesthetic. How the other half live!!! :wink:

Boo

Yea i know the likes of Victoria Beckham and other celebrities opt to have a c-section a month early in a bid to avoid stretch marks, which i think is quite sad that they worry more about how they will look rather than the health of their baby.

Well i still have approx 8 weeks to go, so im sure i will start to get them soon then!! oh well what will be will be! :D

Yea i know the likes of Victoria Beckham and other celebrities opt to have a c-section a month early in a bid to avoid stretch marks, which i think is quite sad that they worry more about how they will look rather than the health of their baby.

There's something wrong there. Also I can't understand doctors who are willing to deliver a baby prematurely just for vanity purposes.

Didn't do posh any good though as she has snaky like skin down there now anyway that she hates (so I read and sawa picture). Think I got stretch marks on my boobs. I don't mind though :) xxxxxxxxxx

lol here u go.. a few hours after c-section lol (yes the red line is the cut.. i had internal stitches :? )

Alana033.jpg

shocking.. i still look pregnant. didnt know what i was expecting lol but its smaller now. and no outy belly button.... :(

Hiya everyone!!!

I am joining the club now :oops:

I discovered yesterday some red stretch marks on each side of the lower belly :evil: Me who thought I would not have them lol

Oh well, My belly has been sticky because of cream for nothing but will still put the cream on to help a bit, if it does :wink:

Just a question, does it get bigger rapidly? They are quite small so far but am only 29 weeks+ 4, although I look like I am 36 weeks lol

Hiya girls................ Reading this category and seeing pictures of other people with stretch marks has made me feel better... I have loads and people tell me how bad they look so i get really down about them and it does not help that one of my close friends is 2 weeks ahead of me and she doesn't have one single stretch mark in sight... x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back