stretch marks....

My1stBaby

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I know they say that stretch marks are hereditory so if your mum had them then you will, just wondering if this rings true with everyone??

im really lucky so far and havent got any but my nan and my mum both had them quite badly.... do you think they will suddenly pop up or would i have had them by now?

xxx

I'm not sure! My mum did not have them, and one of my sisters got them but the other didn't. So far I haven't got any, but I'm holding my breath and hoping I wont get them.

Lots of luck to too!

xx

ohhh fingers crossed for us both then :)

xx

Mum had none, I went till about 29/30 weeks with none and now.. Well now I'm pretty much purple all over! :(

Literally woke up one morning with two or three, next couple days I got another, and another! I didn't use cream tho, I thought if ur gonna get them your gonna get them and no amount of cream will stop it. I'm now using bio oil daily to help them. But they are very sore n fingers crossed you don't get them! X

yeah ive been putting oil on everyday even though we always hear it makes no difference! maybe its not even hereditory then it must just be completely individual!!

ohh you poor thing :( hope the oil works its magic for you xxx

I had most of the way through my pregnancy. End of tri 2 they started appearing on my my bum! Then beg tri 3sides mid tri 3 on the front of my thighs getting worse until DD. Since LO being born 2 appeared on my belly?!?

I think you can get them at any time hun, even afterwards.

I'm sadly covered in them, really gutted about it to be honest too.

Im 34 wks and have been using cream since i was 12 weeks, lucky not to of had any as of yet, but i could see potential if i burst out in the next few weeks (which is likely as it's the time to do most growing in short space of time) & some days my skin looks like it's struggling.

No matter if you do though, just look at them as your little baby lines, and show them off because your baby was in YOUR belly, you just have the proof! :):) xxx

I didn't have any until 36/ 37 weeks and since then have got quite a lot - as nikkie says it's the time of most growth. All my sisters and Mum have them so I wasn't shocked and I really don't mind - they're mummy marks and to be honest DH doesn't even seem to notice. One of my sisters had none throughout her first pregnancy until after birth!

Ah Verity, haven't had a chance to ask how you been for a while. speaking in tri 2 seems a LONG time ago now.. You're nearly there, so exciting.

I love seeing all these familiar names and seeing their tickers so close to the day!. Makes it seem so near and real.. :) Hope you're well! x

I found my first one yesterday and a bit gutted to be honest as imagine there will be lots more to come!! And I've moisturised since 12 weeks but heard that if you get them you get them. Will just try and be proud of my mummy marks!!!

I had none till 32 weeks now I've got three small ones near belly button :( I think it's because lo keeps sticking his bum out there so it's stretched constantly!! x

Ah Verity, haven't had a chance to ask how you been for a while. speaking in tri 2 seems a LONG time ago now.. You're nearly there, so exciting.

I love seeing all these familiar names and seeing their tickers so close to the day!. Makes it seem so near and real.. :) Hope you're well! x

Awwww I know! It's so great to see everyone, but I'll be stalking tri 3 until you've all had your babies!

I'm good just getting super impatient now which I promised myself I wouldn't! How are you hon? X

haha, i know it's hard being patient, im really bad, But i'm doing good thank you have days of misery and just wanting to meet Belly Bean, and other days where i dont mind still being pregnant because the idea of having bubba scares me and the feeling of being unprepared is over whelming!... All exciting stuff though.

Make sure you keep us posted on what's happening and any news, who's your B.Buddy? x

No B.Buddy - didn't end up getting one in tri 2 and then forgot LOL! So I have nagged DH to download tapatalk on his (much better) phone so I (and he) can update from the hospital!

Glad you're doing well though hon! And just saw your DD is Mother's Day - that is literally the cutest day to have the LO - hope you get it! xxxxx

I dont think that any oil or cream will prevent them but i do think it helps your skin cope. I have been using bio oil religiously since i found out which i truely believe has helped. So far so good and i do not have one. I am not sure if my mum got any. However i have a couple of weeks to go so i know they could still appear. If they do, they do. They fade eventually and dont look that bad. Someone called them 'victory lines' once and i think that is a good way to think about them.

i had loads of stretchmarks from before being preg as ive gone up and down in weight like a yoyo for years by as much as 5 stone. checked last night and ive got some new short marks under my bump where LO's head is stretching the skin on my knicker line and foof lol. ive been mixing a few diff creams and an oil and havent had much new marking. just a lil extending to a couple on the top of my bump and the new ones under it. i do recommend the dove firming moisturiser tho cos it feels lush and soaks in well. might help afterwards to tone up the skin again?

oh thats a good idea i might try that then! oil seems good so far but could just be luck who knows!

but yes if i do get them ill have to try remind myself theyre mummy marks and should be proud of them :)

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back