Stretch Marks??!!

megsmeadow

Reaction score
What on earth??? I had a few wee old stretch marks on my tummy from my teenage days but to my horror I noticed one had spread top and bottom and I have a new one, already!!! :shock:
I got some Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula, any others hints and tips for keeping stretchers to a minimum? I fear I may just be one of the unlucky ones for stretch marks, can't have everything though, I've not been sick at all so consider myself very lucky indeed!!!

I think its hereditary hun :( I think bio oil is meant to be good :)

Last edited:
I wasn't up for shopping much the other day and was looking for bio-oil but they didn't have any in tesco, stormed off with palmers instead, hormones eh!! :)

oh no! I hate stretch marks...I've read that there is really nothing you can do which is a bit bleak so Im applying body butter regularly to try and moisturise my skin, fingers crossed! xx

I've used Bio Oil with my last one and I didnt get any extra ones.....that said I used oils and creams from 6 weeks with my first and my tummy is covered :( All my aunties have them - I do think it's genetic.

I think Mervs Mum is right hun,

Generally they seem to be genetic, however I slathered myself in Vaseline intensive moisturiser and palmers for very dry skin for my whole pregnancy and they are not too bad now (1 year on) I found bio oil a bit sticky as well as expensive. Lots of folk swear by it though.

Don't worry too much about them hun, they look worse when you have the bump and fade a lot in the first year after baby and to be honest once you get baba in your arms it's the last time you will worry about stretch marks for quite a while!

c XX

i found that nothing really works i used all soft of lotions and potions i find bio oil after the pregnancy helps them fade faster to the silverly rather than purple i got all mine with my first none extra with the second but im smothered in them x

When I went to one of my scans I asked the midwife what she would advise, she said normal baby oil is just as effective as the bio oil (and a lot cheaper) I got some asda's own baby oil and baby oil gel (v.good for applying onto dry skin).. She said to try and take a bath when I can and put plenty of oil in, and when showering, some oil (I would advise the gel one) afterward and some lotion during the day.. I did pick up some palmers myself xx

I found Bio Oil to be really effective; nothing can prevent stretch marks but this stuff really helped my skin to recover! I used it for a few months toward the end when my skin was starting to stretch seriously; I had mammoth stretch marks all the way down to my pubic area but now they are hardly noticeable. I put that down to the Bio Oil. I also found that it lasted a long time as you only need a little bit. My mother and sisters have terrible stretch marks from their pregnancies - Bio Oil wasnt available then! :) Try not to worry too much about them, I see them as proof of how amazing my body really is :)

Had you ever considered using a microdermabrasion cream?
It is great for getting rid of stretch marks and acne!
I use it in my cleansing routine morning and night and it is a miracle cream, keeps my skin so clear and fresh.

I get mine from an online shop called great new skin and the cream is called epidmex ||
Look on ebay as well you can find it cheaper sometimes :D

my mw reckons if ur gonna get them ur gonna get them but that if u moisturise ur tummy wont be as itchy and tight in later pregnancy... makes sense !! im using biosilk oil and am 32 weeks and havent got any YET touch wood!! xx

i think i got all im gonna on my first pregnancy didnt get any in my second i dont like them - knowing my luck i will get multiples which i want and end up with loads more lol

I agree - its in the genes - i'm covered although i moisturised and don't think its possible to get any more - even my boobies are covered! :shakehead: They have faded well over the years but i know they will go from silver to red again lol:wall2:

Joanna mine are silver as they are from my first 15 yrs ago and they havent changed at all in these last two pregnancies. :)

I already look like a pair of laddeered silvery tights so not really going to be worried about more stretch marks, to be honest, if I ever get pregnant...:rofl: though I will be using as many lotions and potions as I can just because :D

I only got one teeny tiny extra one last time....I swear I couldnt possible stretch any bigger than I did with my eldest! :lol:

I use Bio Oil :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back