stretch marks

mudgey

Reaction score
So far I seem to have avoided getting any but I was wondering when they usually appear or does it just vary from person to person? Im keeping my fingers crossed I wont get them but Im sure I will even though Im forever smothering on Bio oil and stretch mark cream, Im always slippery with the stuff :lol:

i have used palmers cocoa butter from day one! It may not make a difference but im not taking my chances. If it helps reduce them i'll be happy with that

I read somewhere that if you're going to get them whilst pregnant its at 26 weeks or before. But then my friend had none during pregnancy and lots appeared after birth. Read they been hereditry too....

who knows... guess if u get em you do... if not, bonus!

I am reckoning the cream at least reduces them because it will keep your skin moisturised and retain elasticity wonnit...x

If you are predisposed to them, then you'll get them. No amount of creams or potions will stop them from appearing, but can make them less red.

Often if your mother had them when PG then you will stand a high chance of having them.

As to when they appear, it can happen anytime. Ladies on here have had them appear a couple of weeks before birth and some even after.

Okay thanks, I'll just keep praying and using the creams then just in case! I guess it cant hurt anyway!

I have LOADS from my 1st and 2nd pregnancy. I've not noticed any new ones as yet thank goodness. My mum got lots too and it does depend on your skin type really. I don't mind them so much now they just part of me :)

I got some with my son at 38 weeks unfortunately - I was crap using bio oil though so maybe I should have tried harder and I might have escaped

I had none until the last week or two when i have got a very few little ones appearing round the sides, noooooo! Only small so far so hopefully they'll stay that way!

My Mum hasn't got a single one, not even after having twins- so i'm keeping my fingers crossed! :lol:

Its all to do with the elastin in your skin; if you have more elastin then your skin will stretch easily and you will be less prone to stretch marks. If you have less elastin in your skin then your going to be more prone to them, its as simple as that. Nothing will alter the elastin levels in your skin, creams will be beneficial for smoothing and toning skin though so keep using them! I know all this because im a level 3 qualified beauty therapist and studied anatomy and physiology for 2 years :D

My mum is a size 8 with lovely skin, No stretchmarks even after 2 children, I am jelous. Ive always been overweight for my age so had afew stretchmarks on hips but now I have them all over my stomach. Vile!

Mummy Rich said:
i have used palmers cocoa butter from day one! It may not make a difference but im not taking my chances. If it helps reduce them i'll be happy with that

I am reckoning the cream at least reduces them because it will keep your skin moisturised and retain elasticity wonnit...x

Ha I'm exactly the same - even as I'm putting it on I'm saying 'It probaly won't do anything but at least I've tried' :lol:

I figure If I still get them then fine - I just wont bother wasting time with the cocoa butter on my next pregnancy. :lol:

Does smell yummy though doesn't it!

Jaidy said:
Its all to do with the elastin in your skin; if you have more elastin then your skin will stretch easily and you will be less prone to stretch marks. If you have less elastin in your skin then your going to be more prone to them, its as simple as that. Nothing will alter the elastin levels in your skin, creams will be beneficial for smoothing and toning skin though so keep using them! I know all this because im a level 3 qualified beauty therapist and studied anatomy and physiology for 2 years :D

What she said!! I luckily didn't get any with Tom and hoping I don't get any this time :pray:

I haven't got any yet :pray: :pray:

but I have a few small white ones from when I gained / lost weight in the past so they may appear in next week :(

I'm using Bio-oil morning and night, don't know if it will make a different but at least I'm trying just in case....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back