stretch marks

twinkle84

Reaction score
Hey,
I already have a few small scars on tummy from an op i had earlier in year and im honestly not too worried about getting stretch marks, its part of the whole thing I know and worth it! But is there anything we can do to prevent or make them look less worse? I know about bio oil after, but anything else? Thanks x

i dont know, its too late for me already.. i weighed nearly 18stones 3 years ago and got my tummy covered in them, then i lost 5 stones but obviously they are still there, just faded.. :(
after Noa tho i might blame him for them when i get my tummy out!

i already had them befor i had my gastric band i was a elephant so my skin on tum not even tight there so much there bio oil iv heard is good and cocoa butter but i think if it gona go not much gona stop it and they will fade x

There's not alot you can do unfortantly! I've been using coco butter and touch wood so far I haven't got any!! I think if your gonna get them, your get them :(

You're supposed to start using bio oil from tri1 so it can moisturise your skin and allow it to stretch easier :)
Apparently your susceptibility to stretch marks is mainly genetic too, although don't know how true that is!
Definitely start moisturising now, prevention is better than cure as they say!

From the moment I found out at 4 weeks I have been using a combination of:

Bio Oil
Mother's Balm (from Neal's Yard Remedies)
Mother's massage oil (Neal's Yard again)
Palmers Stretch Mark cream

My stomach is like a permanent grease ball :lol:

I'm glad i'm not the only one that is constantly slimy!! lol!!

I use bio oil at night and Cocoa Butter stretch mark cream in the mornings as it's less greasy as i have less time in the mornings to lounge about!!

Thanks ladies, have bio oil in from the op and also coco butter so I can start greasing up haha. Thanks again x

my skin is really prone to scaring anway, iv got scars all over me from really random things, like the door, or a razor blade, lol

i have had them on my belly from being on steroids as a teenager :-( but started to get one or two on my hips, but so far havn go anymore than b4 cos the ones i have got are quite white and ghosty now, but i have been putting coco butter on at night and just baby lotion on in the morning,

i have used bio oil in the past on a bad scar on my chin but i dont really like how greesy it is :-/

i think as long as you keep it moisterised with what ever i keeps it supple for growth,

good luck!

x

Any lotion with vitamin e in it. I used bio oil to begin with but now use palmers cocoa butter.

I have used bio oil since Tri 1, and was doing so well, with none up until about 6 and a half months, now i am covered! I am still using the bio oil, as im hoping i have prevented some of them and it will help reduce them after the baby is here. I was conviced i wasnt going to get any cos my mum never with the 3 of us, but i was so wrong! I know they will be worth it though, when i have my little boy xxx

hey hun...lots of baby oil on damp skin or baby lotion in this heat! just keep skin well mositurised and baby talc is good too xx

I also use bio oil after showering every morning, it seems to be working at the moment (I'm 19 weeks today), but only time will tell!!

I tend to get very itchy in the evenings before bed time so use talcum powder on my tummy and boobs - I love it!! It keeps the skins feeling and smelling very fresh and soft.

I can't recommend Mother's Balm by Neals Yard enough. My sis got me some and all her friends used it. Not one has any stretch marks. I'm really prone to them and have them all over my hips and thighs - have had them for years. So far not a single stretch mark on my belly though and I lather the Mother's Balm on it twice a day.

I can't recommend Mother's Balm by Neals Yard enough. My sis got me some and all her friends used it. Not one has any stretch marks. I'm really prone to them and have them all over my hips and thighs - have had them for years. So far not a single stretch mark on my belly though and I lather the Mother's Balm on it twice a day.

Where can you get it from hun? or do you need to order it off line? sounds good and worth a try xx

Thanks rayoflight for that recommendation...il be ordering some!! xx

i use baby oil, bio oil and coco butter all the time about 3 or 4 times a day practically everytime i go to the toilet i put some on. Its worked so far wheter it will continue is the thing fingers crossed

you either get them or you don't unfortunately :(

everyone in my family has then so i assumed i'd get them too and didn't use anything with my daughter, i never had any stretch marks.
with twins i seriously couldn't be bothered and didn't care, i was in and out of hospital so stretch marks didn't even cross my mind.
i got a couple and they have dissapeared now completley.
so spending money on expensive products wont help, use something just to soothe your skin. you might get away with no getting many!

I've been given bio oil and it says to put it on twice a day every day until you've had the baby. Plus it smells nice :)

Hey girls,

I use The Sanctury "Mummy to be" cream which I got for my birthday in the mornings. I know they sell it in Boots but it smells lovely and doesnt get on my clothes (like oil does) and then in the evenings, I use Mamma Mio Oil which the celebrities use! Its expensive but if the celebs are using it, then so am I!! So far no stretch marks, but I am still small. Although I do expect them and dont really care like I used to.

My friend Paula got them around 34 weeks or so but even hers, I dont think are that bad at all!!

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back