• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stretch and Sweep

Redshoes

Reaction score

Meant to ask this sooner, at my last MW appt, the MW was on the phone and was booking me in for a stretch and sweep for a week after my 'EDD'.
Thing is, she never mentioned this booking after putting the phone down, and I've already discussed with her that I don't want any intervention until at the earliest 14 days after the EDD, anyone elses MW just go ahead and book them a stretch and sweep without asking?

I didn't question her on it, figured LO may be here before then so why rock the boat if no need to :roll:

oh i dont know hun, could you not ask to her to put it on hold for another week... :hug:

Thanks sunshinestars :hug: I've already told her unless LO or myself are in distress, I don't want any intervention before 42 weeks, so not said anything, but will if it gets to the date as I won't be making the appointment.

only you know whats best for you, i admire you for not wanting any intervention.. if it was me, by 42 weeks i would be screaming to get him out..

good luck anyway :hug:

my MW offered me one at my weekly appointment
you can always say no
i would ring your MW just incase she makes an appointment just for the stretch and sweep

Just explain to her your feelings and as your midwife shes there to look after you.
You dont have to do anything you dont want too hun, saying that i admire you for wanting the wait the two weeks out if necessary.I think i would be the same as sss :hug:

sunshinestars said:
only you know whats best for you, i admire you for not wanting any intervention.. if it was me, by 42 weeks i would be screaming to get him out..

good luck anyway :hug:

Just what I was gonna say!! I've been wanting him out since about 30 weeks :lol:

Anyone who manages to get to 42 weeks, by their choice or otherwise, is an inspiration in my eyes :lol:

I really don't deserve to be admired :oops: it's a personal choice, which every mum to be is entitled to choose, thankyou very much for your support :hug:

I just wondered if anyone else has had it happen to them, thought it quite shocking she just went ahead and did it, seems she is destined to disagree with every decision I make, but so far we're having the birth we want so I intend to keep to that pattern :D

I saw my midwife at 38 weeks and she booked my next appt for 39+3 saying she would make me an appt for a sweep then. I didn't think alot of it at the time.

When I went to my appt at 39+3 a different midwife was there and she never mentioned it, so neither did I!

Sure they won't force you against your will though!

Hi

I would stick your ground if its somthing you do not want to do .
Good luck hun
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back